• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A big slice of humble pie

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Players series tourney today, and I now realize that I cannot compete with the better amateur club players in VT.... (the NCAA kids laugh at these tourneys)

Anyways, only 6700 yards but trouble everywhere, (at least I found it) ...if you are just a little bit off, you are dead if you know what I mean... throw in some greens like ice, some 30 mph wind with 50 mph gusts and some off and on sideways rain, and that is what I was facing today.

I hit the ball "decently" but found lots of links style gorse all bordering the fairways and struggled to an 86. The 2 guys I played with were unimpressive but managed 79's. It was an absolute brutal day.

It was fun driving a 350 yard par 4 tho ;) - teeing the ball downwind is so much more fun than into the wind.... I got a little quick on the into the wind shots and hit some hooks :(

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Wind is always tough on a links course, so hard to stop the ball once it hits the ground.

Glad you had fun though.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
6700 yards is a decent length course. I can't imagine how difficult playing in a high wind would be as I don't play in weather like that. :)

Isn't golf supposed to be fun?

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I had fun.... I wasn't worried too much about the score. I am learning to be less and less concerned with score actually. I enjoy it more. Gimme putts etc, I don't care either. It's a game. I'm not good enough to make a living at it, so why should I get all up tight about some number???

This is my new philosophy :D

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Pansy. I'd call that weather a good excuse to play golf I would!

🔥 Latest posts