• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A couple swing vids

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
You stand up far too straight when addressing the ball, bend your knees more at address and try and feel some resistance in your right knee during your backswing, hopefully that would work to shorten up your swing.

OP
juniortodd46

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
thanks man I'm gonna give those things some attention and see what happens. I've been told I need to bend over alittle more, it just feels wierd so its hard to make myself do it.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Keep a straight back, bend forward from the hips a little more and maintain some flex in your knees.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
It is a case of bad posture and bad grip and what stems from that, your set-up produces compensatory moves in the backswing whereby you get very flat shaft angles causing your body to react by lifting the arms to finish the backswing and also flaring your right armbehind you pushing your swing to lengths not even Ezra could reach!!, it is all about synchronisation of component parts of your backswing, which you dont have.

I have said many times on these pages that you reap what you sow, and a bad takeaway creates a bad backswing etc.., i would recommend the butt end of the club in the belly drill to create a bit of synergy between arm and body and then hopefully it will help other parts of your backswing.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
...and also flaring your right arm behind you pushing your swing to lengths not even Ezra could reach!!

LOL!

Definite posture issues. And your head moves all over the place. You're lifting the club much more than you're rotating. Charnock's drill is a must.

And get some shoes, for heaven's sake!

OP
juniortodd46

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
thanks for the tips.....didn't realize I had sooo many things wrong. Good thing the hook is all I have to worry about.
Heres a new vid, and I know the right arm is still a problem.
SwingAcademy.com

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Mine won't be long next time it's seen...

Things that have been working for me...

Setup - reverse K. Get the spine tilting away from target and hips towards target

Takeaway- One piece connected, don't fan the clubface, take it back square. try to create as much width as you can.

Backswing- feel the torso rotating until the right shoulder blade feels it is facing the target, keep the arms connected and in front of the chest, don't let them move indepentdent of the body. Let the weight shift to the right instep.

Transition - Feel as though you are stepping back down onto the left foot with your weight. Don't do anything with the arms until you "step on it".

Impact - left wrist slightly bowed and back of hand at the target. Clubhead should be ahead of the hands, if you setup correctly and didn't pull the left hip back, it should be in position naturally.

Release- Just let the club swing to the left with your body rotation. Let the arms extend. If the grip and setup were good, rotated through impact, no hand, wrist or arm manipulation is necessary at all.

Just my feelings about the swing after following advice of others, experimenting and what I'm working on/towards in mine.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.