• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A dawning from Eldrick...my mind opens...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So I'm watching some golf channel highlights on Saturday of Tiger and that super slo-mo camera they have that takes like 50 million frames per second. This particular shot was his patented "stinger" 3 wood.

I've always wanted that shot in my repetoire. It would be very, very handy. But I just could never wrap my swing or brain around it. I've spent the last 3 years learning to draw my fairways and I have it down to a science....well, maybe scientology, but close enough. :D

In the slow mo, it shows the side view of Tiger coming in very steep, and taking a freakin' divot with his 3 wood! This absolutely blew my mind, opened every door in my golf mentality and just clicked. It just totally came to me, like hitting light speed in Star Wars.

I went out to the range on Sunday, grabbed my 5 wood later on in my session, and started into this. Needless to say, I'm not Tiger. But, after about 20 balls, I had the idea down and was pretty happy with my results. I then grabbed a 3 wood and was just smoking the thing! Huzzah!

Now, after thinking back to this wonderment and new tool for my arsenal...

....why the hell did I get away from the draw in the first place? It works fine!

Sometimes, i just don't get this bloody game, I really don't.

"Dude, you're smoking it. Maybe you should try to hit the ball differently."

"Dude! Awesome idea. Let's go get a bucket!"

Moron.:dead:

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Do they have that video online? Always fun to mess around with new shots, that's half the fun of this game to me. I was hitting knockdowns by keeping my weight on my front foot today. I hit the little "green" they have at 175 6 times in a row with that knockdown fade. I was also smoking it with the 4wood, I'm going to give it a go off the tee tomorrow on a couple holes.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.