• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A day... A weekend of memories...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Memorial Day. A time to fondly remember...
... fondly remember when I used to be able to hit fairways with some sort of regularity. Now, regularity is not something used with getting off the tee or getting on the pot!
.... fondly remember the smooth, soft feel of a ProV being compressed against the face of my Ping irons. Now, they are chunked, skulled, hoseled, and yanked either into a tree where the ricochet puts the ball back in play or puts the ball in places elephants go to die.
... fondly remember the feel of the ProV running up the clubface of a lob wedge, then sailing softly to a landing on the green, bouncing once and stopping like an 80 year old woman driver at a yellow light. Now, the ball sails softly into the air and comes up way short of the green or sails past the green into even thicker rough behind.
... fondly remember the ability to walk up to a 2 foot or 3 foot or 4 foot putt and know it was good before I even addressed the ball. ... fondly remember the hesitation of the eyes/head when striking a putt and, then, turning ever so slowly to see it wind its way into the cup. Now, instead of the ball coming off the putter's sweet spot, the ball hits the face of the putter in more places than LT hit the 16 year old he molested in the hotel room.
... fondly remember a game to be enjoyed as the competition ensued and the money changed from the hands of the competitiors to my pocket. Now, having been soundly beaten on Saturday.... and Sunday... and Monday... betting quarters I lost more money than TW tipped the Perkins waitress!

If I didn't have so much money invested in equipment and cart and membership, I'd take up checkers or shuffleboard and ....... Nah!!!!

Yesterday and today, we had a coyote on the course. Of course, we play very early in the mornings. Yesterday, she walked along in the left rough along both 8 and 9. She'd stop and watch us hit and then walk on ahead of us. This morning, she was on 9 and stayed with us the entire hole. Then, we saw her again on 11, watching us from the left rough again. Beautiful "dog". Didn't see sick. Didn't seem fearful at all. One of the greenskeepers said she had a favorite mulberry tree and was feasting on the mulberrys.

We have seen deer, beaver, racoon, possum, bobcat, squirrel, skunk, and coyote during our early morning rounds. Even though the Golf Gods may not smile on a round or two, we who play this game are so blessed to have the opportunity we do. Hopefully, our friendly coyote will find food and a safe place to rear her pups. And... just as hopeful.... some day may I again find the ability to strike a golf ball in a fashion that would intimate that I was not playing the first round of my life.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.