• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Goal for 2009

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
One of my goals for this summer is to find a super performing golf ball for under $25 a dozen. I'm wasting my money on the big dollar balls. Rather then set this up as a poll.. :rolleyes: just give your preference. Thanks.

And I'm interested in trying out some of the Nike balls like the Ignite, Juice and even the Mojo to see what they're like.

I've got a ton of Precept Laddie Extremes but haven't hit them yet. I do like Noodles. :D

Balls I have hit and wasn't overly impressed by are:

HX Hot
BS E-series
Titleist balls under the ProV1 (all)
Noodle Ice
All Wilson balls
All TopFlight balls

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Hit the Laddies, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and your hunt will be over.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Precept U-Tri Tours @ Walmart for $23.XX/doz everyday. Every Wally World in Northeastern Illinois has 'em for this price. Great ball, great feel, and easy on the wallet. The only problem I had was the super soft cover.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
WBL, you're not going to get a premium ball for $20 a dozen.

Rory is in LOVE with the Bridgestone Treosoft, though. It might be worth a go.

And I'll suggest the Maxfli Tour Fire, discontinued and on sale for $14.97 at Dick's.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Precept U-Tri Tours @ Walmart for $23.XX/doz everyday. Every Wally World in Northeastern Illinois has 'em for this price. Great ball, great feel, and easy on the wallet. The only problem I had was the super soft cover.

I have to agree. This ball is a super ball for the $. It has good distance and the ball checks up when you want it to. It doesn't have that really soft cover feel, but it doesn't feel as a hard ball does. It has a lower ball flight, similar to the ProV1x. As stated above, the cover marks up like the ProV1's. Great ball for $23. I keep switching between the ProV's and these.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Treosoft. You're done.

If you like the One Black you'll probably like the Ignite. They feel and act very similar to me, the Ignite is just a little bit clickier feeling.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Give the Srixon AD333 a try as well. Pretty darn soft and has a durable cover.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'm partial to the new ProV1's... the right woods are full of them.
icon10.gif

Honestly, I don't understand how you guys have to buy so many balls. I've bought a new dozen once in 5yrs (and 6 are still in the sleeves).. I've got enough Prov's sitting here to last me till about 2014. Nobody finds balls on the course or do you prefer to play out of box new?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Which of the e series spins the most and has the softest cover(covers all the same?)? e5 e6 e7???

e5 spins the most.

The e6 for some reason, seems the softest for me. It's a really good ball for the price.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'm partial to the new ProV1's... the right woods are full of them.
icon10.gif

Honestly, I don't understand how you guys have to buy so many balls. I've bought a new dozen once in 5yrs (and 6 are still in the sleeves).. I've got enough Prov's sitting here to last me till about 2014. Nobody finds balls on the course or do you prefer to play out of box new?

Sounds silly, but I find balls, and just hit them on crazy shots. Plenty of times I'll find a ball, hit it, not like it, and leave it.

I buy new balls, and generally get a few rounds out of them before they go to water duty or hazard duty.

I have around 12 boxes of balls at the house now.. New. I'm good for the season the way I see it.

Lost 3 balls the other weekend, on our second round of 18, we stopped at a par 3 with a nasty wasteland... 8 minutes total time, 2 guys, we came out with 53 balls. Nice ones, junk ones, green ones, and all sorts..

So I have plenty of the used variety, some of which look hit once... into the wasteland. :)

Members online

No members online now.