• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Goal for 2009

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I never pick up Top-Flites but don't turn pretty much anything else down. I'd say I almost always walk off with 2-3 more ProV's than I came with. This also leads me to believe a) Titleist is selling way more balls than everyone else combined or b) guys who use Prov's generally suck.
icon10.gif

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Get a 230-260 club that I can count on. One on the way, here's hoping. Other than that? Clinch nationals early, so when baby comes, I can ease off.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
WBL, you're not going to get a premium ball for $20 a dozen.
SilverUberXeno

Nope. Didn't expect to... :)

Honestly, I don't understand how you guys have to buy so many balls. I've bought a new dozen once in 5yrs (and 6 are still in the sleeves).. I've got enough Prov's sitting here to last me till about 2014. Nobody finds balls on the course or do you prefer to play out of box new?
ezra76

I was afraid someone would ask this... :prop: Actually I hit my share into water trying to be over aggresive (stupid?) or not feeling like walking into the clouds of mosquitos hiding in the woods just for a golf ball.... :)

I'm kind of a lazy golfer I guess. I do like to play one ball so I know what to expect on a shot but am quitting throwing away big dollar balls (so ez can find them..).

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
WBL, you're not going to get a premium ball for $20 a dozen.

Rory is in LOVE with the Bridgestone Treosoft, though. It might be worth a go.

And I'll suggest the Maxfli Tour Fire, discontinued and on sale for $14.97 at Dick's.

I disagree. I am a huge fan of the Wilson TP-4(I think thats the name) and Zip, and find them easily on level of many premium balls, and can find them for 20.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Balls I have hit and wasn't overly impressed by are:

HX Hot
BS E-series
Titleist balls under the ProV1 (all)
Noodle Ice
All Wilson balls
All TopFlight balls

Indian or arrow?:confused::ugly25:
I like the HX Hot as well as the Big Berthas, also like the Slazenger Blacks, Topflite D2's, Titleist NXT, DT, etc.

I think a lot of it is mental, some of us get this idea in our heads that certain balls or brands of balls suck & that's it.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nope. Didn't expect to... :)

I was afraid someone would ask this... :prop: Actually I hit my share into water trying to be over aggresive (stupid?) or not feeling like walking into the clouds of mosquitos hiding in the woods just for a golf ball.... :)

I'm kind of a lazy golfer I guess. I do like to play one ball so I know what to expect on a shot but am quitting throwing away big dollar balls (so ez can find them..).

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

No big deal. I'll go 3 rounds sometimes with the same ball, then lose 3 in one round. I'm pretty diligent about finding them and that's usually where I find more.
icon10.gif

I get the ballhunting from my dad, he's nut about it. Reminds me over a story that he recently told my brother and I, had us in knots crying. He was talking about golfing with my grandfather one time. He was finding all sorts of balls in this pond that had dried up and my grandfather's friend was in there with him. He went on about how they found dozens and dozens of balls and you could tell it was a great memory by the look on his face. My grandfather, who used to get "migraines" and use them as an excuse, walked off the golf course and left him. That had us laughing a bit..."so how did you get home?" we asked and he says my grandfather's friend gave him a ride... "yeah, we were down in Florida and your mother was at the house with you".... "Wait a minute, I was at home... how fcking old were you?" "I don't know, like 33 I guess".
:biglol:
We couldn't stop laughing. My ahole grandfather left him there... I was thinking he was like 11 or 12, lol.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
e5 spins the most.

The e6 for some reason, seems the softest for me. It's a really good ball for the price.

I honestly can't stand the E6+. Something about it just feels bad to me, and I can't even describe what it is. The B330RX, on the other hand, makes me feel all tingly inside. I just piss away too many balls to spend that much on them.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Refurbished Pro V1s might be another option. You can usually get those in that price range.
I had good luck last year with Titleist DT Carry. They go high and land soft and are about $23 a dozen.
Ive also heard good things about Precept Laddie-Xs.
Not sure about Precept U-Tri Tours though. I did recently buy a box of them at Wal-Mart for $23 (dozen).
IMO, in the $25 price range, the best you are probably going to find are the Bridgestone E series. The E5+ should check up the best because its designed for a higher ballflight.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Indian or arrow?:confused::ugly25:
I like the HX Hot as well as the Big Berthas, also like the Slazenger Blacks, Topflite D2's, Titleist NXT, DT, etc.

I think a lot of it is mental, some of us get this idea in our heads that certain balls or brands of balls suck & that's it.

Wi-Golfer

Well, I believe there is a whole lot of arrow here since I can hit six balls (two different brands) without knowing which is which and one brand will be far ahead of the other. It's as much an arrow thing as your current driver compared to the square Nickent you had. Is that an indian or an arrow thing? ;)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, I believe there is a whole lot of arrow here since I can hit six balls (two different brands) without knowing which is which and one brand will be far ahead of the other. It's as much an arrow thing as your current driver compared to the square Nickent you had. Is that an indian or an arrow thing? ;)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

That or you are just inconsistant. Suck? :D

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
So the U-Tri's are not considered "premium".

I don't think that I would consider 23 bucks a dozen premium. But then again, what is the definition of premium in a golf ball. I guarantee you'll like 'em.

Members online

No members online now.