• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A good cheap ball.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I hit The Sports Authority yesterday and picked up 2 dozen Noodle Tour LTD balls. They were on sale for $10 a dozen. Played nine holes tonight and these are one of the best cheep balls I have hit. I don't think you could tell the difference between these and an NXT Tour. I don't know if these are a closeout or are widely available but they are a good ball. Driver distance was good, spin on irons was fair to good and wedge spin and feel was as good as an NXT Tour.

Worth trying.

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I hit The Sports Authority yesterday and picked up 2 dozen Noodle Tour LTD balls. They were on sale for $10 a dozen. Played nine holes tonight and these are one of the best cheep balls I have hit. I don't think you could tell the difference between these and an NXT Tour. I don't know if these are a closeout or are widely available but they are a good ball. Driver distance was good, spin on irons was fair to good and wedge spin and feel was as good as an NXT Tour.

Worth trying.

Everyone go for the Mojos! Best ball EVER! Honestly, I'm almost trying to lose all the ones I have.

D2 Feels are readily available, and only $15. That's almost unbeatable.

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
I bought six dozen Srixon Tri-Speeds at 2 doz for $30. It is just about as good as the top of the line balls made by the various companies. I got these at Edwin Watts about three weeks ago. Srixon may be discontinuing that particular ball thus the low price. Ordinarily they ran between 25 and 30 dollars per dozen. Come to think of it, I think I will see if they still have them on sale. CP

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I still think the Maxfli Tour Fire is the best ball ever for a 3 piece "cheap when on sale at $19.99 per dozen" ball. I played it in my tourney this past Saturday. I may go by Dicks to get some more.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I still think the Maxfli Tour Fire is the best ball ever for a 3 piece "cheap when on sale at $19.99 per dozen" ball. I played it in my tourney this past Saturday. I may go by Dicks to get some more.

TM Burner TP (New Maxfli Tour Fire) goes for the same price anyway...

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I like the Callaway HX Hot/Bite when they're on sale, or else the HX Hot/Plus. Does everything for a ball I need.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
used pro-v1's, good as new and far better than any "cheap" ball

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
used pro-v1's, good as new and far better than any "cheap" ball

Absolutely - AAAA, $19.95/doz. - I give up a few yards off the box, but stoppage on the green more than makes up for it.

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
I bought six dozen Srixon Tri-Speeds at 2 doz for $30. It is just about as good as the top of the line balls made by the various companies. I got these at Edwin Watts about three weeks ago. Srixon may be discontinuing that particular ball thus the low price. Ordinarily they ran between 25 and 30 dollars per dozen. Come to think of it, I think I will see if they still have them on sale. CP

I am certianly not going to guarantee this or anything, but I thought I read somewhere that there is a new version of the TriSpeed coming out this year. So this sale may have just been to clear out the old inventory. I do agree that is was an excellent mid-range ball.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Only ball I think I miss, that was priced so well..

Precept U-Tri Tour-
That was a seriously good ball. When I lost my last one in the North Carolina Mtns, I was mad as a hornet.

I just can't use a hard cover ball, I have ZERO confidence it'll work for me on the short game stuff, and lets be honest.. Thats where ANY ball really matters. I'll trade 20 yards off the tee, if it means I get the workability for the way I play 100 yards in.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country

Plus one. They were $12.97 a doz. at the Dick's by me... until they ran out.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Only ball I think I miss, that was priced so well..

Precept U-Tri Tour-
That was a seriously good ball. When I lost my last one in the North Carolina Mtns, I was mad as a hornet.

I agree. I love the U-Tri tours...especially when they were on sale at Target last year for 8/doz! I am saving my last dozen until I really need them or am playing at a nice course. For the time being, the Cally Big Bertha's do me just fine.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
The funny thing is the thread just wanted us to inform about a new ball which is working great for someone, and we all jumped to say our ball works best hehehehe.

Anyway I'll look for the Noodle Tour and give my opinion.

Thanks mate!

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I agree. I love the U-Tri tours...especially when they were on sale at Target last year for 8/doz! I am saving my last dozen until I really need them or am playing at a nice course. For the time being, the Cally Big Bertha's do me just fine.

I got some after someone on here suggested them and was really impressed. Cheap as chips and decent performance for most players.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I have used the Noodles & they are fine, also really like the Srixon Ad333's. Can't stand those Tour Fires though, felt like rocks to me.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.