• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

a great day that made me think Im keeping my shafts

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
So today I have realized that there is really no need for me to to change the shafts in my irons. I was stroking an 8 iron 150 from good lies so I'll keep my TX-90's in there. The ball striking was not what it was last week but I was able to work it a bit. Went out on 37 and came back in 37. Triple bogey on 3 killed me :real angry: lost ball:real angry:. Had a great day on the par 5's. Started with a Driver 3 iron 2 putt birdie then a driver hybrid wedge par and a driver hybrid wedge wedge par :(. No more going at par 5's in 3 for me unless im inside 230 and there is no huge bunker.

Oh and I have realized that the grips definetly have to because I cant swing these clubs with out a glove because any little bit of moisture and they're flying.

What grips do I get? I am thinking going with the Blue and Black Golf prides but I am also considering DD2's.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Lots of grip choices out there. I like Lamkin Crosslines (on my wedges and woods), and good old Tour Velvets (on my irons) I play in Florida in the summer, and don't have any problems using either grip.

Winns? Forget it.

Decade MP's? Didn't really like them.

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I just installed Lamkin Dual Density Torsion Control grips on my whole set and IMO they are the best grips money can buy. The best I have ever felt for sure.

OP
flomarilius

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
I need grips good for the humid. I am in miami and you know how bad it is in florida.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.