• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Ho's top 3.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I have been thinking about this since this thread first appeared. I have narrowed it down to my favorite 3 of all time. All 3 have been excellent drivers.

1 - Geek DCT 7.4* with S flex accuflex evolution (original run) Longest club I have ever hit
2 - Callaway Biggest Big Bertha 7* Stock callaway X flex shaft Most consistent club I have ever hit
3 - Ttitleist 905R 8.5* with speeder 757 S flex Great combo of distance and forgiveness and the best looking, feeling driver of all time imo.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
#1: My current Cobra Speed Pro S. Put a halfway decent swing on it and it goes straight.

#2: Titleist 905S with the VS Proto. That thing felt so good but I gave it up in the search for more yards. Sold it and bought a 905R, for which I have yet to find the proper shaft.

#3: Louisville Smart persimmon. Love the feel, but it's way shorter than a good fitting titanium head. Need a better looking (more expensive) shaft than the cheap UST that's in it. If I ever get my signing bonus, I plan on shipping all of my Louisville woods back tio the factory for reshafting and rewhipping. What the heck, I might just play all persimmon woods next year.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
#3: Callaway FT-3 Tour, neutral with an Adila NVS shaft. Great looking club & I was hitting it great for quite sometime. Then I don't know what happened but no matter what I tried was getting far too much side spin.

#2: TM R7 425 TP with Pro-Launch red shaft. Great looking & feeling club, distance is fantastic & feel is superb. However if my swing is off even a little bit, then it's not forgiving at all.

#1: Current TM Burner with the VS Proto shaft. Some folks don't like the looks of the Burner but I think they look sweet. Plenty of distance & minimal sidespin. Very forgiving too if your swing is off a bit.

Wi-I had the same experience with the 425 TP. The next step up to the Quad TP solves the forgiveness issue IMHO.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
Dug up this old thread. It's like a who's who of Shottalk... What happened to some of these guys???

Anyway

#3 Cleveland Launcher Comp with Fujikura S- Just loved how it looked at address, was straight, but not long enough
#2 Titleist 975 J with Graffaloy Prolaunch S- My first foray into "oversized" drivers, I loved it, but I let my friend hit it on the range and he put a dummy mark on it...
#1 Titleist 909 D3 with stock S- Like the flight and workability...

We'll see if I make it thru 2011 with out the inevitable trading in and out that happens!!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Wow, 2008 all over again. My list has changed. Funny how that works.

R35

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
1. J33p BBSolutions 130 - most solid and redeeming driver for me to date
2. Hibore XL tour Harmon shaft (forget model) - BOMBER on steriods!!!! (not very forgiving in my hands though)
3. FTi xcon5 - pretty solid

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
1-Callaway FT Tour 9.5 Deg, VooDoo SVS6 Stiff
2-Callaway GBB 8.5 Deg, Harrison tour shaft
3-TaylorMade Midsize 10.5 Deg----Remember those???
4-TaylorMade Tour Driver 7 Deg. Aldila "Gold" now I know your old!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'm fairly boring. Have only had 3 drivers.

3. Nike Sumo2 - 9 degree, Diamana made for shaft. A fairway finder of the highest order but way too loud.
2. Ping G10 - 9 degree, Ping TFC shaft. Still have it as my back up driver. Very long when struck right.
1. Nike VR Tour driver - 9.5 degree, Project X 5.5 shaft, 420cc. Everyone loves a little head, right? Well, so do I. A very easy to control conventional shaped driver, despite the 'tour' status. Very long & stable. Surprisingly I hit more fairways with that than the Ping. This baby will be with more for a long time.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Already paid up for 2011 :)

Will be the first time in 3 years. Since I have been in the rink 5 days a week from Sept-Mar my wife is allowing me to play this summer... provided Sundays I take my son with me.

Dude - It's been an insane year, busy doesn't even begin to describe it. I'll try to keep in touch.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
No worries, I was just giving you the gears.

"Life" has a way of getting in the way of what you think life is. You're making the right choices. :)

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
"Life" has a way of getting in the way of what you think life is. You're making the right choices. :)

R35
One of the best statements you've ever made, Rock. Sad thing is, many people take way too long to figure this one out.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
1. Callaway FT-iq Tour I-mix 9.5º neutral with a Mitsubishi Rayon Javln FX V6 stiff shaft. I can't hit this bad and it's the longest driver I've ever hit. Never heard of that shaft before but it sure does fit me.

2. Ping G10 9º with Diamana BlueBoard stiff shaft. Fairway finder that now belongs to nututhugame.

3. TaylorMade R580 10º with regular flex (?) shaft. Hit my longest drive ever with this club.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online