• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Junior Membership at the Local Country Club??

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
i saw 19's post on his junior membership at his club... and how he pays $150 a year.. first of all, how old would i have to be to be considered for one?

and how should i go about inquiring for a junior membership?? im really close to a bunch of clubs, including Columbia CC, Congressional CC(site of ATT tourney this summer, the one tiger's hosting), Chevy Chase CC, and those are only the top couple ones..

i am really sick of paying rediculous amounts for greens fees on courses that frankly suck, like $20 for 9 holes on the crappy par 34 9 holer...

i definately feel that my game is not gonna get much better if i keep playing a course where the average par 4 is 320 or so... and no par 5's...

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Many clubs have different rules, up here anyway.

Anyone 18+ is an Adult at the local clubs around here.

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Many clubs have different rules, up here anyway.

Anyone 18+ is an Adult at the local clubs around here.

im thinking calling around would be the best idea... i really want to move on to some tougher courses.. i could shoot par at the local course on a normal day... i just hit the driver on every hole, and then pitch it tight with my LW... assuming i dont get behind a tree that sits right next to the 1st green like i did last time(and made a nice double)

i really need something under $300 for the year... maybe $400.. then the folks could give it to me for b-day coming up, they are currently very happy after knowing i am on a no-ho right now to help them in part pay for college tuition...

i would personally love a membership at Columbia CC... its not as nice as Congressional, but very very close to my apartment.... and i know a bunch of kids that go there from UMD...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
It all depends on the club. Just call them up and ask for membership info.

im a member at 2 clubs, one costs me 415$ a year, that course is jr. until 19yrs. The other is 580$ a year, there its jr until 21.

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
It all depends on the club. Just call them up and ask for membership info.

im a member at 2 clubs, one costs me 415$ a year, that course is jr. until 19yrs. The other is 580$ a year, there its jr until 21.

thanks piper!!

i was worried that i am getting too old for a junior membership... but i looks like i might not be, depending on the course...

the membership info phone line is prolly closed right now.... i might walk over and inquire, after my reffing on a field nearby....

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Here everything until 18 is junior, which is why I switched to the label, "student."

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
What I hate is when they don't even ask your age, they just charge you for an Adult Green Fee....

What I hate more is me not noticing til the 3rd hole. Heh. Ahh well it's going to a good cause.

I had a Junior Membership two years ago at a 9-hole course. A green fee for me at the time was $8.50. The membership was $146.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I know wat you mean king par, every time i go to a new course i hear them ringing it up "one adult green fee..."

Im like no no no, im only 18. They havent believed me once yet:p, they keep asking me for id, if i was guna rip off the pro shop, it sure as hell wouldnt be on the green fee if ya know wat i mean:D

Jun 24, 2006
I know wat you mean king par, every time i go to a new course i hear them ringing it up "one adult green fee..."

Im like no no no, im only 18. They havent believed me once yet:p, they keep asking me for id, if i was guna rip off the pro shop, it sure as hell wouldnt be on the green fee if ya know wat i mean:D

We don't even have Jr. Fees. But I can cut you deals left right and center.

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
I was a member at the Cardinal CC in Greensboro NC until last year. Their junior membership was anybody under thirty could sign-up and the benefits lasted until 35. I got 90% off initiation fee and half monthly dues and no food minimum. It was an awesome deal. Havent found one in Raleigh that is half as good but I have found two with the same 30 year old age limit (im to old now) but you are nowhere near to young for the deals I have experience with.

Members online

No members online now.