• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A letter of Apology and Thanks.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I wanted to take this time to both apologize and thank many of you for some recent events that occurred at Indacupgolf.

About 3 weekends ago, our PCS clubmaker just "fell down" on his face. Broke his four top teeth, sending two of them into his nose and busted it...he received something like 60 some odd stitches.

He has been going thru oral surgery now where they are putting rods in his gums and has been basically out of commission since then.

Of course this happened the same time my mom came out here for a weeks visit, the Renegade Special...and the busiest time here locally...the only other back clubmaker here also started a new job and went part time here.

Because of this we feel unacceptably behind in schedule. Especially when it came to more advanced and time consuming projects that only Rocky can do.

Bottom line is it was all my fault...I spread us too thin....and paid the price.

Rocky has come back this week (although in limited capacity), we will be hiring at least one other person to assist in assembly and order taking.....and possibly another part timer for phones and clerical.

So I apologize publicly to anyone who ended up waiting a few days longer than normal to get assembled product....but also want to thank everyone for understanding and being patient during a very unfortunate (and hopefully) unique time in our company's history.

Every order that did not go out within 24 hours was documented and those who suffered a delay will get 20% off on their next order as our humble means of compensation.

Rory

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I wasn't somebody that waited Rory, but I think you can rest easy. This is where being a true gentleman in business pays off.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Rory, i'm sorry about your troubled time and i hope rocky gets better asap.

We need more business owners like you in this world. Most people would have just hoped this kind of thing would pass over and not say a thing about it or most of them wouldnt care at all. Not you, you let people know whats going on and you dont make excuses you make it right.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Nice move, Rory.

Frankly, I think 20% off because an order didn't ship within 24 hours is over and above...I know it's over and above what anyone else would offer.

You're 1st Class!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Please send our best wishes for Rocky's revival!

I have a friend who did basically the same thing. Messed her up good. Nearly bit through her tongue and has had several surgeries to fix broken teeth and sinus bones. Very nasty. I hope Rocky gets better soon.

+1 one on the "no worries" about the delay. I don't have anything on order, but if I did, I wouldn't even worry about it.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
thats a stand up thing to do Rory.sorry about Rocky hope he heels up soon.

as far as the discount i am not worried about it i figure i got a hell of a deal and thats good enough for me.

Thanks for being a straight forward and standup owner.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Rory, I've yet to have the pleasure of purchasing from Indacup but a response like this is a class act. It really makes me take a hard look at just where I am spending my "off the course golfing" dollars. I wish Rocky, and your shop, a speedy recovery!

gcinbc

Always up for Round
Oct 15, 2007
Exceptional Gesture

Sorry to hear about Rocky and his unfortunate accident. The discount gesture you made to your customers is a truly unique offer in today's marketplace. I have already been impressed by the devotion along with, the many great deals you offer to all of us, here on Shot talk. Therefore, this only adds to your reputation as a businessman in which, one can be proud to know and have dealings with. I wish you and your staff the best of luck, in all your future endeavors at Indacup Golf.

🔥 Latest posts