• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Little Advice

Schemy

Jun 30, 2006
So I bought my wife a nice little starter set. It was the Dick's sporting goods brand and the entire thing cost me $200. Well she was letting her younger sister swing her driver last night, and since this girl is 13 and has the worst cordination i have ever seen, she slams the driver in the dirt while trying to hit and snaps the head of the driver.

Question is do you think it is worth it to reshaft this driver or should I just try to find her a new one. I haven't checked on any warranty, but my guess is that it won't be covered. Mind you that my wife has had these clubs only about 3 weeks and that she has only been playing a little over a month.

Thanks in advance.

NACHO_D/FW

Dec 27, 2005
Take it back to Dick's and do NOT claim fault. Just say your wife swung and it snapped.

A buddy of mine purchased an Adams 460CC driver from Dick's and he swings extremely fat. He did the exact same thing your wife's sis did. Hit it fat into the ground and snapped the shaft at the bottom towards the hosel.

He took it back to Dick's and said he just swung and it broke. They swapped him out NO QUESTIONS ASKED. To add insult to injury, he broke THAT driver AGAIN a month later. This time he walked in and calmly explained he was very upset and that he wanted a credit. Dick's credited back the entire amount he spent ($129.99) and he used that to purchase a TaylorMade R580XD which was on sale for $149.99.

Anyway, yea what he did wasn't exactly honest but Dick's took care of him each time. That is pretty much the only place I shop at for Golf equipment now.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have to reiterate my point about starter sets and the graphite they use. It's just terrible.

Fo someone just starting out, a steel shafted driver is definitely the way to go. A 3 wood is even more a better idea.

R35

OP
S

Schemy

Jun 30, 2006
Rockford35 said:
I have to reiterate my point about starter sets and the graphite they use. It's just terrible.

Fo someone just starting out, a steel shafted driver is definitely the way to go. A 3 wood is even more a better idea.

R35

I don't disagree with you. But I could not find a good complete set (she liked) with steel shafted woods.

I called dicks and told them that she was hitting and the club snapped. They said that is fine just bring it in and we will exchange it. So I need to take it in this evening.

Thanks guys.

🔥 Latest posts