• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A little comedy golf

Tenn-Driver

Dec 3, 2006
With all the seriousness going on these days, I thought I would interject a little comedy sports announcement...

1st off, "IF" things go as expected, I will be delivering in NJ and DE with a stop off Sunday in Bordentown NJ to play the man responsible for my current addiction in golf, Greydawg in a game of golf or at least it was before we began playing it... Now I think its more of "Slice" & Hook", I'm Slice and Dawg is Hook

Yes Folks, If I can get down there by Saturday evening... There will be the first 18 hole Tournament between the DAWG and Myself.

The Dawg with his eBay $400 3100 I/H Cobra clubs, including but not limited to the "M" Speed Driver has been playing for several months w/ lessons noless... and has more experience. He will also have home field advantage, but it has been reported that the Dawg still has not figured what end of the golf club to use when swinging at the stupid white ball.

However, in the short time I have been playing (9 games)... once with my eBay $100 King Cobra SS Oversized clubs, including, but limited to the "RAM" driver, have managed to achieve a lower score then the great Dawg with his high dollar fancy smancy clubs..

Yes folks, we are talking about a game between the Jersey Connection against the Tennessee Connection..!

Bragging right will go to the winner until next spring or whenever we can establish another tee time, weather permitting... :hunter:

All bets will be final by 10am Sunday morning and winner will have to share their proceeds with the winner of this game since this sport isn't cheap.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Both being fairly new to golf, betting on the winner would be difficult so I think I'll bet on the equipment instead!! :) That being said, it looks like Dawg should win, especially since he's had lessons! :D So for now, my moneys on the Dawg. Good luck though. I really HOPE a Shot Talker wins..:D (Will you both be parking in the clubhouse parking lot? That would be interesting :)

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Both being fairly new to golf, betting on the winner would be difficult so I think I'll bet on the equipment instead!! :) That being said, it looks like Dawg should win, especially since he's had lessons! :D So for now, my moneys on the Dawg. Good luck though. I really HOPE a Shot Talker wins..:D (Will you both be parking in the clubhouse parking lot? That would be interesting):)
I doubt it....
Peterbilts and Western Stars don't play well together!!!:hunter:
We'll be easy to spot however,
just look for the rather LARGE golf carts with the clubs tied to the 5th wheels!!!:biglol:
P.S.-Mr. Greenskeeper...Sorry about the ruts!!!:dead:

OP
Tenn-Driver

Tenn-Driver

Dec 3, 2006
It's Official....
Me, 111 (no Pars, but got my first birdie) :hunter:
Dawg 123

It was ugly, it was funny and without a doubt resembled two truck drivers without a clue...
Actually we weren't that bad, but when I have time, I have a story to write..

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I doubt it....
Peterbilts and Western Stars don't play well together!!!:hunter:

That's because Pete's are better than Western Stars, :D. Actually I like Western Stars too, they are just too heavy.

It's Official....
Me, 111 (no Pars, but got my first birdie) :hunter:
Dawg 123

It was ugly, it was funny and without a doubt resembled two truck drivers without a clue...
Actually we weren't that bad, but when I have time, I have a story to write..

Hey, it doesn't matter if you shot 250 and he shot 251, YOU WON!!!

OP
Tenn-Driver

Tenn-Driver

Dec 3, 2006
Actually the highlight was the birdie...

It started out with me tee'n off into a spruce tree that kicked the ball into or against a metal bed from one of those 6 wheel buggies, where the ball landed into a very tall clump of grass next to the maint building (off the fairway of course). I took my 7 iron and chipped it onto the fairway where I had hoped it would go, but to be honest, once I swung the club, I lost sight of the ball and had no clue where it went...
I'm not sure how far the final shot was, but it had to be close to a 100 yds with a bunker at the edge of the green... and all I wanted was to get the ball on the other side of that bunker with a sand trap at either side...
I just hit the darn ball and next thing I knew I was hoop'n and hollering and doing the touch down dance in the middle of the fairway...

Ya ok... maybe I should practice on being a little more dignified in my behavior, but come on... What are the odds of something like that happening ?

The best part was, I had 3 witnesses... so there was no denieing it. :beach3:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Pfah, dignified? You holed out! If anyone thinks that you should have taken that more dignified they need to pull the corn cob out of their ***.

GOOD JOB!

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Pfah, dignified? You holed out! If anyone thinks that you should have taken that more dignified they need to pull the corn cob out of their ***.

GOOD JOB!
Actually Andy put that one on himself...
Hell we were all "Hoopin' n hollerin" ourselves!!!
I was a beautiful shot!!!

I'm proud of my boy!!!
He done good!!!

Now me on the other hand, shooting a 123 on a fairly easy course less that 6,000 yards long.....:dead:
Guess I got a lot of practicing to do!!!!!!!!:prop:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.