• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A load of old socks!!

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Bravo said:
OK...speaking of socks..

Over here in the summer we wear those little tiny socks that barely cover your feet. Nothing comes up onto the ankle.

Due to the blazing summer sun - you would get a funny "tan line" if you wore socks that came over your ankles.

Any of your Euros wear these? KA - do you wear them over in the UAE??

Indeed...it's the only kind of sock to wear in the sun! Rather a tan-line around the top of your foot than one half way up your calf!

Legrandfromage

Aug 28, 2004
Sock of the Month Club

Here's the solution to the unmatched sock dilemma, if you care.

Each month, gather all the socks you have with no mates, package them up and send them to one of the members here. In turn, that member examines all the socks for any that match his orphans, retains any 'finds', adds his mongrels to the lot and sends them on. If this works, within a couple years you will receive two tons of socks.

Please do not send unwashed socks.

legrandfromage

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
DaveE, are you aware that your signature looks like a naked John Holms doing jumping jacks?

Thought I'd finally bring this up...

Not until now, thanks. I'm gonna work on it.

edit: This is tough, whadda ya think of him with a cowboy hat.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
DaveE said:
Not until now, thanks. I'm gonna work on it.

edit: This is tough, whadda ya think of him with a cowboy hat.
Hey, I gave Quentin "tits" (QQ). I can only do so much.

But I like the cowboy hat. It went from hung low to hang 'em high. ;)

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
I have a very bad tan line. I wear low ankle socks and it looks like I have socks on wh en I take off my socks. But what do you except when I go golf every day.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
We knit socks from hairy balls of twine here and sell'em on as "comfort socks" for auto eroticism purposes ... a rough ride if you will ..........

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
We knit socks from our own hairy balls here and sell'em on as "comfort socks" for auto eroticism purposes ... a rough ride if you will ..........

Geez Dave, sometimes you can share too much. :p

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I like new socks! I bet I've got 30 dirty pair in the trunk of my car, worn once. I take & off and toss them there after a round. Someday SWMBO's gonna look in there & go ballistic! I'm mentally preparing myself.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
DaveE said:
Geez Dave, sometimes you can share too much. :p
This coming from the guy with a naked man in his sig... All in the perspective I guess......

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
wirehair said:
I like new socks! I bet I've got 30 dirty pair in the trunk of my car, worn once. I take & off and toss them there after a round. Someday SWMBO's gonna look in there & go ballistic! I'm mentally preparing myself.

LOL...It's all about preparation.

btw SWMBO?? I know it's a reference to the other half but can you spell it out...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
This coming from the guy with a naked man in his sig... All in the perspective I guess......

Ya sometimes get support from the most unexpected places .... hands accross the border pal !!!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
Ya sometimes get support from the most unexpected places .... hands accross the border pal !!!
Hey, I am mui proud of my Irish heritage. Don't blame me cause my ancestors got tired of potatoes.

:D

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
IrishGolfer said:
LOL...It's all about preparation.

btw SWMBO?? I know it's a reference to the other half but can you spell it out...

Oh dearie me, Oirish!

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed. I believe it came from Rumpole of the Bailey back in the 70's, unless anyone can come up with an earlier reference?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
Hey, I am mui proud of my Irish heritage. Don't blame me cause my ancestors got tired of potatoes.

..... So went to America and feasted on the delights of the artery obstructers ... aka ... freedom fries ;)

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
..... So went to America and feasted on the delights of the artery obstructers ... aka ... freedom fries ;)
OK, DI... I fart in your general direction...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.