• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Local Hero - Scott Hend

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I have mentioned Scott Hend before. He comes from my local golf club. He started off on the Asian Tour and progressed to the European Tour.

When he's having a break from the tour, he often returns to my (and his) home club to play with his dad in the weekly competition. When Scott returns to play, there's always a buzz around the course. Members will find out when he's teeing off. Some will hang around to watch him. There are plenty of stories about his driving prowess on the course.

Well ladies and gents, I can proudly report that his star is continuing to rise. Today he won the 2016 - True Thailand Classic (a round of the Euro Tour). It is his second European Tour International Schedule victory in his 144th European Tour event. It could move him to inside the top 80 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 122nd.

He hasn't had the early meteoric rise of a Jordan Spieth but he has worked hard, grinded, and kept moving in the right direction. The guy is one of my heroes. His name isn't Adam Scott, Jason Day, Spieth or McIlroy. But he's just as much of a hero in my book.

287935%5fm16.jpg

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
As I write this Scott Hend is in the final group (waiting to tee off) and leading the Euro Tour's BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth in England.

If he wins it will be his first tournament win on European soil. In short, it will be big, big, big.

Be sure sure to check in and track his final round progress.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
As I write this Scott Hend is in the final group (waiting to tee off) and leading the Euro Tour's BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth in England.

If he wins it will be his first tournament win on European soil. In short, it will be big, big, big.

Be sure sure to check in and track his final round progress.
I'm watching now and saw a bit of play yesterday. Go Scott!

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Well, it wasn't Scott's day. A +6 final round was never going to put him in the winner's circle.

🔥 Latest posts