• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Loooonnngg Round with Clients

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I played golf yesterday with three clients. Two of them I do business with, one was a guy I asked those two to bring with them as I hope to get some work from him.

We played at my home course which is a fairly challenging track. Turns out they were not, lets say, very good players. The day started with one of these guys shanking his first shot on the range into the nuts of the guy next to him (not one of our group) who had moved forward two steps to pick up a tee. It got worse from there.

All three were very poor players. The one I was hoping to win some business from had to have lost 20-25 balls by the time we were done. Another lost at least ten, the other probably 15. We held up the entire front nine and the ranger bitched at us three times which was pretty embarrassing for me as a member at this place. Then when the back nine was wide open, probably because the Brewers' game started at 2:00, they played even slower. Parking their carts half a hole from the ball, forgetting clubs laying next to the green, hitting one first left into trees, then right into fescue, then spending a long time looking for both. I swear to God they found every pond, bunker, fescue area, and wooded area on the course. Four or five putts for the range shanker was common on every green. The divots they took with practice swings had me cringing on every hole.

The round took 5 hours and 40 minutes on a day when a 3 to 3.5 hour round should have been easily accomplished. The guy that rode with me spent probably 1.5 hours of the day on the phone.

Even as I developed an ulcer I managed to shoot 79, which I fear alienated them instead of impressing them.

Very, very, very, weird day. I managed to talk some business in the clubhouse after the round for about ten minutes. Then I had to pull the plug to head home and do work I neglected to do so I could take them golfing.

They made my eleven year old daughter and wife look like professional golfers. I feel the IRS should allow me to write off twice what I spent on this day.

Kevin

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Man... I dunno that any amount of business dealings would be worth that.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
In other words they were worse then "Huckleberry Finn" from Saturday!! :D (Or the rest of us Shot Talkers that played with you)... :D

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
WBL, compared to them, I think Huck was a Hooters Tour player playing a leisurely round at Silver Spring in a funny straw hat, flip flops, and torn jean capris.

Kevin

Members online

No members online now.