• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A 'Miracle' Recovery for John Daly

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Photo evidence that John Daly is back on the golf course one day after collapsing at Deerfield, going to hospital. pic.twitter.com/JwKjkDss7A

— David Brandt (@davidbrandtAP) August 30, 2015

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, according to reports, John Daly collapsed at Deerfield Golf Club in Canton, Mississippi, over the weekend. Daly's manager said Daly had a collapsed lung, resulting from a rib injury. He was rushed to Baptist Medical Center in Jackson.

Will Dottley, a pro in Daly's group, said Daly's only problem during the round was a hand issue until they reached the 18th tee. It was extremely hot. The temperature was in the upper 90s.

When they reached the last hole, Daly fell to the ground and stopped breathing. A nurse stepped out of the gallery and administered CPR.

"I had my arm around him when he went down," Dottley told Golf Channel. "He had no pulse and wasn't breathing for close to three minutes."

Daly pulled through.

Dottley added: "It was kind of a miracle."

Daly was released from the hospital and back on the course on Sunday afternoon to finish the tournament.

"He had no pain in his ribs, everything was good," a friend of Daly's told Golf Channel.

Source: A 'Miracle' Recovery for John Daly

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Hopefully JD stops smoking those cancer sticks.

🔥 Latest posts