• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A new driver head...

RCI

Jul 26, 2008
Previously in the discussion is stated that any of the good driver heads will be fine if fitted to your swing. I believe it is mainly the shaft and we can learn to hit most great driver heads if the shaft is right. That does not mean some heads might be a bit hotter than others or that the loft in one head is not going to be flighted differently than a loft in a different head.

I have two favorite drivers. Switching from one to the other is seamless -- they feel very much alike. One is an 8.5 907 D2 with a X shaft that really fits me well and looks great. The other a new 7.5 Ping G10 with a shaft from a touring pro. Both have qualities I like. For whatever reason, the G10 goes a little further when flushed, but the D2 is, on average, more consistent and workable. The shaft that was played on tour feels like it has a slightly lower hit point, so the 7.5 flights almost identically to the 8.5.

What does this all mean? The shaft is critical and decides how the head will perform. JMHO.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
RCI, he's just asking for something that sets up square. :D

Honestly I'd say for cost wise, try and find an FT-3 Tour, very nice club.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Honestly I'd say for cost wise, try and find an FT-3 Tour, very nice club.

I've had one for sale for a long time; Clugnut has one too I believe. Nobody wanted it, so I put it on another forum, gone in a couple hours. Part of an elaborate hoing scheme. ;)

I would recommend an FT-3 tour as well, good club w/ a square face. Also, you can't go wrong with an XL tour for somebody hitting a hook.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I don't really want to encourage an overly in-to-out swing, either. I am really searching for neutral.

Are you guys still able to hit draws with the open face? I mean, ideally I'd like to have the option to shape the ball. I love the look of a draw, just hate it's big brother.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I can still hit a draw with the open face. Heck, I can manage a hook sometimes with the opened face of the Tour version.

Psst...The price is right, 119 at RockBottom golf right now.

🔥 Latest posts