• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A new practice concept.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Will that be next? Golf balls with chips in them so you know right where your balls is?

Would be nice, wouldnt it? Thats one area where the pros have the advantage...Marshals keeping an eye on their balls (that sounded a bit strange). I know I'm not the only one that has "lost" a ball that should have been very easy to find.

However, doubful that the ball makers would ever seriously persue this technology..as it would cost them millions in future sales of replacement balls.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Tour players always know where their ball is, not because they drive the fairway all the time, but because usually they have not only 200 people looking or it, but a camera following the ball, and even though, some rare times, the ball is not found. When you have an up hill down hill hole where you don´t see the fairway ahead, even if you hit a perfectly centered shot, there is always chance for the ball to hit and end up anywhere. Sometimes its just in the most visible place and you can't seem to find it. It's great to see this happening since some of us who play the afternoon round by ourselves have the opportunity to find all these balls and replace the ones we lost! jejejeje

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Would be nice, wouldnt it? Thats one area where the pros have the advantage...Marshals keeping an eye on their balls (that sounded a bit strange). I know I'm not the only one that has "lost" a ball that should have been very easy to find.

However, doubful that the ball makers would ever seriously persue this technology..as it would cost them millions in future sales of replacement balls.

Funny thing. I was reading through the June issue of Golf Magazine and saw this : http://www.prazza.com/
The damn thing costs $490 and comes with only 2 balls. Replacement sleeves are $65.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
What would you pay for a ball that you didn't have to look for? I'd definitely pay 10 a ball. Probably 20.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Man...I dunno. One nasty bounce off the cart path or something, and that expensive ball would be toast. Also, what good is it, if the ball is in the middle of a pond?

No way I'd pay $10/ball.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Was reading the FAQ's on the website. The balls are available in only 1 version-distance. Why spend that much to find a rock?

🔥 Latest posts