• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A prayer request

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Not to keep up with the sudden ST news drama, but i would appreciate some prayer requests from you guys.

My aunt has been suffering through breast cancer, which is magnified by the fact that it was found late. Last summer they operated on it, but she is suffering through agonizing chemo and has lost all of her hair. She had just finished up her masters degree, and hadnt even found her new job when the news came, going from extreme elation from graduating to despair.

But that is not all unfortunately. Her husband was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor within the past month, and has only a short while to live. The tumor is pushing on parts of his right ear, causing him to be completely deaf in that ear.

It just hurts to see members of my family with such bad fortune(that might not be the right words, but you get my drift)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That's terrible news. I've lost a couple of very close family members to cancer, and it sucks.

This is a very inspirational piece by a man dying of pancreatic cancer who has used his time left to help others come to terms with death. It's the last lecture he did as a Professor at Carnegie-Mellon.

It's 76 minutes long, but anyone dealing with this kind of situation should get to know this.

[youtube]ji5_MqicxSo[/youtube]

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
So sorry to hear of all this. I know what this is about. :(

In this life we just never know what's in store for us and are forced to do the best we can with the cards we are dealt. Doesn't make it any easier but I will hope and pray for a miracle. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
While I'm in no way religious, I'll be thinking of them today. Chin up, FBK.

R35

Skjay101

May 1, 2008
One of the most inspirational things that I've ever heard came from my girlfriend's mother upon returning home from her last chemotherapy session. The cancer had spread so much, they didn't think there was much to do but wait. When she got home, she said, "having cancer isn't the worst thing in the world, but having it alone would be.". She is still with us today, two years later and attributes it to high hopes and the great support.

Best of wishes to you and your family.

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
I am very sorry to hear of your family's problems. My wife was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer 3 years ago. We opted for a lumpectomy that was unsuccessful so we went with a double mastectomy, aggressive chemo and 5 weeks of daily radiation. She is the strongest, most amazing person I've ever met. She never complained and worked her high profile job throughout the entire process. Yup, there were many tears when the hair fell out but we went to a fantastic stylist that sold us a beautiful wig. Fast forward 3 years...she has no detection of cancer, her hair is back thicker and more beautiful than ever! I do realize that I've used the word 'we' throughout this post. That's because we fought this terrible disease together. I am confident that my incredible wife would've made it through this battle alone, but we are a team and have been one for almost 28 years. Your family is in our prayers!

PS: My wife golfed throughout her treatments. She shot her best round of 78 two days after a chemo treatment, and continues to beat me almost ever week.:real angry:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I am very sorry to hear of your family's problems. My wife was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer 3 years ago. We opted for a lumpectomy that was unsuccessful so we went with a double mastectomy, aggressive chemo and 5 weeks of daily radiation. She is the strongest, most amazing person I've ever met. She never complained and worked her high profile job throughout the entire process. Yup, there were many tears when the hair fell out but we went to a fantastic stylist that sold us a beautiful wig. Fast forward 3 years...she has no detection of cancer, her hair is back thicker and more beautiful than ever! I do realize that I've used the word 'we' throughout this post. That's because we fought this terrible disease together. I am confident that my incredible wife would've made it through this battle alone, but we are a team and have been one for almost 28 years. Your family is in our prayers!

PS: My wife golfed throughout her treatments. She shot her best round of 78 two days after a chemo treatment, and continues to beat me almost ever week.:real angry:
That's awesome news. I hope that you both continue to enjoy good health together for another 28 years at least.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006

That is great news. It is always good to hear stories like this.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Not to keep up with the sudden ST news drama, but i would appreciate some prayer requests from you guys.

My aunt has been suffering through breast cancer, which is magnified by the fact that it was found late. Last summer they operated on it, but she is suffering through agonizing chemo and has lost all of her hair. She had just finished up her masters degree, and hadnt even found her new job when the news came, going from extreme elation from graduating to despair.

But that is not all unfortunately. Her husband was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor within the past month, and has only a short while to live. The tumor is pushing on parts of his right ear, causing him to be completely deaf in that ear.

It just hurts to see members of my family with such bad fortune(that might not be the right words, but you get my drift)
My prayer for you and your family has been said. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I'm very sorry to here about this situation, FBK. I will remember you and yours in prayer, and also WBL's wife.

Cancer just pisses me off so much.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.