• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A rainy day at 3 golf shops...

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
most of KC's golf shops are in one area towards the newer higher $ suburb developments...spent the day at 3 of them.

store 1: was picking up my Redline that was supposed to be rehsafted with my YS-6 shaft, turns out the tip diameter on the YS-6 is too big and they won't sand it down so it fits or bore out the hozel more....so the NV stays for now.... was pretty pissed.

store 2: hit sooo many putters. i couldn't even try to count them....best one was the first one i picked up....the White Steel 2 ball... and the TM Monza Corza

store 3: golf galaxy, more putting, the odyssey continues to drop putts, up to 12 8 footers in a row. hit a bunch of drivers on their launch monitor for shits and giggles.....cleveland comp went nowhere, R7's were on sale for $190 new, tried one....went nowhere either... titleist 983k and 905T and R, accurate....but again went nowhere. highbore was solid, but not sure if i hit one off the screws the whole time... long, high, straight, butt ugly and felt like crap though. then, pulled out a 9.5* of my driver with a grafalloy prolaunch, Regular flex, first swing, knew it as soon as contact was made....5 yard draw....300 yard carry, 315 overall. there were some other guys waiting to use the monitor and man were they impressed. did that two more times then stopped. last one i gave all i had, 110 mph clubhead speed, 165mph ball speed, 315 carry and another 15 in roll, dead straight. if theirs wasn't in so bad of shape, i would've traded them mine that sit in the car on the spot... didn't accomplish anything in the store...but i left knowing i've got the longest driver that i can hit.

i gotta see a man about a prolaunch too maybe... unless you guys have a solution for the YS-6 being too big...? the NV is definitely not the shaft for me though

are shafts made specifically for a club i.e. one for a driver and a different one for a fairway wood....or are aftermarket shafts just cut down from a default driver length to the desired fairway wood length?

SilkySm00thSwing

Jul 7, 2006
The Shaft makes the club totally. Not many people could hit a Adams longer then a Titleist, Cleveland, or Callaway. I sure cant. Two shafts the exact brand, weight, and flex can hit totally different. I was hitting my Callaway X 460 longer and straighter than ever before. Once i cracked my shaft i got the exact same club from callaway with and identical shaft and dont hit it nearly as good. So true the shaft makes everything about the club and some shafts are made specifically for the club head. Take that adams and try getting that pro-launch, its a great shaft, but the NV is a great shaft as well. Think the majority or companies are putting the Aldila shafts in there clubs because the are the best for the price.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online