• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A shaft question for the experts

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Question for Ken, Rory, Lyle, and anyone else who has experiance with the Blue Board. I love my Matrix Code 6, I'm looking for something similar but cheaper to put into my FT-i.

Actually 2 questions. VTDivot said in my other thread he didn't get along with the X Con shaft in the FT-i either, and suggested the Blueboard. Is it similar to the Matrix Code 6?

And are the ones built for Titelist any good? There are several pulls on sale on the Bay for good prices in the 65g weight.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Question for Ken, Rory, Lyle, and anyone else who has experiance with the Blue Board. I love my Matrix Code 6, I'm looking for something similar but cheaper to put into my FT-i.

Actually 2 questions. VTDivot said in my other thread he didn't get along with the X Con shaft in the FT-i either, and suggested the Blueboard. Is it similar to the Matrix Code 6?

And are the ones built for Titelist any good? There are several pulls on sale on the Bay for good prices in the 65g weight.

I wouldn't waste my time/money on the made for Titleist ones. If anything you could find a blueboard with the Taylor Made TP graphics that might go a little cheaper. From what I have seen/read the TItty blueboard are watered down cheap versions of the blueboard. I would spend a few more bucks and get the real deal.

The other option, and much more cost friendly would be to get a YS + series shaft. Either the 6 or 7, it plays similar to the blueboard-not quite as smooth but about 1/3 of the price.

I've played both the YS-6+ and the Diamana BB 73g and 83g version and like I said the YS is similar if not as smooth.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
YS, Code, Blueboard are all "similar"

I prefer the Blueboard.

I tried the made for titleist Blueboards and I could barely tell the difference. The pro at my old club (sob - I wish I was still a member) assured me that the BB was not the real deal

Find out what the pull was from. I think anything D2 or newer has the Titty blueboard.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I wouldn't waste my time/money on the made for Titleist ones. If anything you could find a blueboard with the Taylor Made TP graphics that might go a little cheaper. From what I have seen/read the TItty blueboard are watered down cheap versions of the blueboard. I would spend a few more bucks and get the real deal.

The other option, and much more cost friendly would be to get a YS + series shaft. Either the 6 or 7, it plays similar to the blueboard-not quite as smooth but about 1/3 of the price.

I've played both the YS-6+ and the Diamana BB 73g and 83g version and like I said the YS is similar if not as smooth.

The smoothness I can live without, I'm just looking for that kick the Boron hinge gives I guess.

YS, Code, Blueboard are all "similar"

I prefer the Blueboard.

I tried the made for titleist Blueboards and I could barely tell the difference. The pro at my old club (sob - I wish I was still a member) assured me that the BB was not the real deal

Find out what the pull was from. I think anything D2 or newer has the Titty blueboard.

Its a pull from a 909D3. I found another one thats a pull from a Taylor Made I'm watching now and a genuine BB pull. Maybe they won't get to high?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The smoothness I can live without, I'm just looking for that kick the Boron hinge gives I guess.

Its a pull from a 909D3. I found another one thats a pull from a Taylor Made I'm watching now and a genuine BB pull. Maybe they won't get to high?

Ya, the 909D3 is the made for version. I think the newer made for Titleist actually say so right on the shaft.

There is a reason I have been playing the same driver for so long, the blueboard is perfect for me. I suggest you try one if you can.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ya, the 909D3 is the made for version. I think the newer made for Titleist actually say so right on the shaft.

There is a reason I have been playing the same driver for so long, the blueboard is perfect for me. I suggest you try one if you can.

I know there is more to it than just swing speed, but what is yours? And your transition?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I know there is more to it than just swing speed, but what is yours? And your transition?
I've seen both your swings, and I would say they are very similar. You both load up pretty strongly late in the swing, and have a good strong hit through the ball.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I've seen both your swings, and I would say they are very similar. You both load up pretty strongly late in the swing, and have a good strong hit through the ball.

Thanks Eracer, guess I'll have to give the BlueBoard a try then.

🔥 Latest posts