• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Texas deer....well, sorta...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I took some super crappy video with my camera when I was down in Texas of DaveE's pet deer. Well, she's not really his pet, just a deer that lives in his yard. There are literally hundreds of these around.

But being from Canada, this little doe was....shall we say....a little "slight". ;)

I'm sorry the video is so dark, it was taken under the car port, about 3 feet from the house. I guess this deer loved the smell of Canadians. :D

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Geeze, I can't believe that worked the first time. LOL. :D

Here's some more pics of the deer from the trip.

R35
Buck.jpg
Little Deer.jpg
P1010641.jpg
P1010735.jpg

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
not to ruin the sentiment of this thread, but the domestication of wild deer like that is truly sad.

they're running wild around here in KC too...right in front of cars like none other, deer aren't meant to be in the city at all.

city limit bow hunting initiative is going to be put on the ballot to try to cut down on the population... :) can you say deer chili ?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If it wasn't for running down deer in a truck, Warbird would starve.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
not to ruin the sentiment of this thread, but the domestication of wild deer like that is truly sad.

they're running wild around here in KC too...right in front of cars like none other, deer aren't meant to be in the city at all.

city limit bow hunting initiative is going to be put on the ballot to try to cut down on the population... :) can you say deer chili ?

One of the top 5 deer ever taken in Alabama was on Interstate 459 - the beltway around Birmingham.

The deer was taken by one Mrs. Homer Johnson who took her prize with a 97 Pontiac Bonneville driving approximately 75 MPH.

I think the rack scored out at about 160 points and had amazingly little damage considering the animal was vaulted over the vehicle and flew over 150 feet from the point of impact.

Nice video Rock....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
She's still coming around and has been for about 4 years. The area is thick with these little critters.

My wife hit one a few years ago going 70mph. Did over 3k in damage.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

I forget Gun, we were here first, right? :rolleyes:

The domestication, as you call it, is only because of our infestation of THEIR natural habitat, not the other way around. Deer don't want to be urban, they're forced into it.

But I get your point.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
That poor little deer is a rack of bones. Don't you feed your pet deer? :)

Good one. :p

We never buy anything for them. She gets stuff that would otherwise be thrown out. She was skinny in that pick because our summer was so hot and dry. You should see her know. She actually a little chubby though I'm guessing she's pregnant again.

🔥 Latest posts