• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A University of Memphis Tigers scout

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
A University of Memphis Tigers scout
<HR style="COLOR: #eeeeee" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->A University of Memphis Tigers scout flies to Baghdad to watch a young Iraqi play basketball in a new American sponsored league and is very impressed with a young Iraqi player. He arranges for him to come over to the US and play basketball on scholarship.

A few months later the Tigers are down 10 points to the Louisville Cardinals with only 5 minutes left. Calipari gives the young Iraqi the nod and he goes in. The kid is a sensation, scoring 5 three point goals in 5 minutes and winning the game for the home team Tigers!

The fans, players and coaches are all delighted. Even ESPN loves this new star!

When the player comes off the court he phones his Mom to tell her about his first day of NCAA basketball.

'Hello Mom, guess what?' he says in an Iraqi accent. 'I played for 5 minutes today, we were 10 points down, but I scored 5 three pointers and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me.'

'Wonderful,' says his Mom, 'now let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street and robbed, your sister and I were ambushed, and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters, and all while you were having such great time.'

The young Iraqi is very upset. 'Mom, I'm so sorry.'

'All you can say is you're sorry?!?!?!?!?' says his Mom.
'It's your fault we moved to Memphis in the first place!'

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
He should have told them to be thankful he didn't choose Rutgers! :laugh:

With that skill level, at Rutgers he likely would have had a choice between Newark or Camden. :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online