• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
winter tees, so about 6000

solid striking, and off the te the Encore/Fuji is a treat, but no frigging idea around or on the greens, not a freaking clue

Well yuo got the Driver and wedges down, hit a few 3 irons and mess with your game so you get some practice hitting longer irons. Maybe it will help with the putting

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s106_gwlee7_orangedriver.jpg

Here you go dave.. This will fix anything.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
You really thing so? Everyone keeps calling them crap.

Nobody called them crap. They're great old school clubs. They are very unforgiving, and if you have serious game, you could probably handle them. Anybody else needs some forgiveness.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Ram tour grinds are sweet irons. I'm not sure why he would disagree. What thread was that in?

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
It was in that one bladehater started talking about his clubs. Its alright I mean we all say things we don't mean sometimes.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
1. Drive, wedge 20 ft short, 2 putt
2. Drive, 8 iron to 10 ft, 2 putt
3. Drive, 9 iron to 10 ft, 2 putt
4. Par 3 7 iron long, chip, 2 putt
5. Drive par 4, 2 putt
6. Drive, 6 iron, 3 putt
7. Drive, 4 iron, chip, 1 putt
8. Par 3, 5 iron, 2 putts
9. Drive, wedge to 8 ft, 2 putts
10. Drive, wedge to 10 ft, 3 putts
11. Drive, wedge to 10 ft, 2 putts
12. Par 3, iron, chip and 2 putts
13. Drive, 7 iron, chip and 2 putts from the fringe, only 30ft
14. Par 5, drive, hybrid to fringe, chip and 2 putts
15. Drive, 8 iron to 20ft, 3 putts
16.Drive, 6 iron, chip and 2 putts from the fringe, 20 ft max
17. Par 5, drive, hybrid to 15ft, 3 putt par
18. 600 yarder, drive ,hybrid, wedge, 3 putts

I can't putt or chip anymore. I am shit.

Sounds like my game.

Next time, don't buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it. :biglol:

utahgolf

Just Getting Started
Nov 4, 2007
Northern Utah
Country
United States United States
The Odyssey #9 (Phil Mickelson style) is what I have been messing around with lately. Its a heel shafted mallet and is heavier than most.

A good putting drill is to put 4 marks around a hole, then putt two balls from each. Going around 5 times. Try keeping your head still and not watch the ball roll. It will help you focus on striking the putt solid, instead of worrying about the result.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I'm on heel-shafted, half mallet, pretty foregiving. This isn't technique, nor is it the putter, its in my head. I have no feel whatsoever.

Topflite

I am sure King Par is just a troll, forget it. Ram Tours are lovely clubs, providing you strike the ball consistently from the middle. If not, soemthing slightly more forgiving may help you for a bit.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm on heel-shafted, half mallet, pretty foregiving. This isn't technique, nor is it the putter, its in my head. I have no feel whatsoever.

Topflite

I am sure King Par is just a troll, forget it. Ram Tours are lovely clubs, providing you strike the ball consistently from the middle. If not, soemthing slightly more forgiving may help you for a bit.

Yours isn't a real heel shafted putter, I bet yours is face balanced? Rest the shaft on 2 fingers (1 near the head, 1 near the grip) and the face will face the sky. You want to try something where the toe hangs down when you do the same test. Lots of toe flow & swinging gate effect, try it you WILL love it. It's what all the best players used in the past, probably won more majors than any other type of putter.

This type of thing;-

0019_1.jpg

ac8a_1.jpg

ad39_1.jpg
0019_1.jpg
ac8a_1.jpg
ad39_1.jpg

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lol, I know what face balanced is:p Mine is definately face balanced and heel shafted, I like it. This isn't a technique problem, its in me ed

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.