• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Anyone want to buy clubs, bag, shoes, tees, balls... anything I own that is associated with this dastardly game??????

Beautiful morning! Frost delay and didn't open course until 10 a.m. First group off! Front rather uneventful. 41. That's about standard for me. Driver is working so well! Putter was doing okay. This time of year, I'll take a 41. Shoot!!! I'll take a 41 any day!!

Made the turn. Birdied #10. So far, so good. #11, drive sailed and sailed and sailed. 85 yards out, just to the right edge of the fairway. Tossed a lob wedge to the slightly elevated green. One hop... short roll... into the cup!!!! First eagle of 2009!!!!!! The two others in the group were almost more excited than I was! Then... Double, triple, triple... With a birdie and eagle on the first two holes, shot a 46 on the back! Could not chip or putt the ball. Nice drives... wasted!! What could have been such a great round, turned to rat pooey!!!

Shuffleboard or checkers at the nursing home looks better every day!!!!!!

We're first on the tee sheet for tomorrow morning! Not supposed to be quite as warm. But, the wind is to stay up all night which may prevent frost.

I love this game... I hate this game.... I love this game... I hate this game.............

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I got an ace in July of last year on the 4th hole of the front. We started on 16 (shotgun), and I was 9 over coming to that tee.:bang:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

It's a stupid game. LOL.

R35

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
That happens to everybody. Last year my buddy shot 36 on the front then aced the 11th. 45 on the back.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
limpalong, the golfing gods always ensure there's just enough good things that occur in a round to get you back next time. Sounds like you had a couple of beauties to get you back despite the frustrations. Damn those golfing gods!!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
If you want to get rid of those Eye2+ BeCu's I have $200 with your name on it. :laugh:

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Some days golf is easy and others it is the most frustrating game ever. I blame the Scots persoanlly, they invented both golf and curling, two of probably the most frustating yet fun games ever!!

limpalong; wait to see how todays round goes before you start selling off your stuff. Consider yourself lucky to be even playing, I have a driveway to shovel!! :bang:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Did you take your ginco half way through to remember why you were doing well?

RustyL

Sep 20, 2007
Alas, I have found my father. I feel your pain. And I echo, I love this game, I hate this game.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Anyone want to buy clubs, bag, shoes, tees, balls... anything I own that is associated with this dastardly game??????

Beautiful morning! Frost delay and didn't open course until 10 a.m. First group off! Front rather uneventful. 41. That's about standard for me. Driver is working so well! Putter was doing okay. This time of year, I'll take a 41. Shoot!!! I'll take a 41 any day!!

Made the turn. Birdied #10. So far, so good. #11, drive sailed and sailed and sailed. 85 yards out, just to the right edge of the fairway. Tossed a lob wedge to the slightly elevated green. One hop... short roll... into the cup!!!! First eagle of 2009!!!!!! The two others in the group were almost more excited than I was! Then... Double, triple, triple... With a birdie and eagle on the first two holes, shot a 46 on the back! Could not chip or putt the ball. Nice drives... wasted!! What could have been such a great round, turned to rat pooey!!!

Shuffleboard or checkers at the nursing home looks better every day!!!!!!

We're first on the tee sheet for tomorrow morning! Not supposed to be quite as warm. But, the wind is to stay up all night which may prevent frost.

I love this game... I hate this game.... I love this game... I hate this game.............

Sounds like a good-looking woman: approach avoid, approach avoid. And you're hooked, just like one of Skinner's mice.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
I'm sitting here freezing my a** off. I haven't seen grass since December and there's a Nor'Easter in tomorrows forecast. Excuse me if I'm not overly sympathetic about your "rat pooey" round.

🔥 Latest posts