• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

About to step on a snake ....

shank

Jan 16, 2008
Pretty normal stuff out where I used to live in West Texas.

snake.jpg

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Last year's trip to Florida saw me lose 2 pounds in my shorts .. after being advised by the ranger of the big 'gator on #8, I completely forgot and walked the waters's edge from a sloped fairway, as I'd seen the ball fall off it ... just saw the 2 eyes, crapped myself, clambered back up the slope and looked back down ... yup the ranger was right .. f&&kin big alright:wow:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Garter snakes don't just hit you once and pull back, either - those little boogers go ape on you :biglol:
Not to mention they spray you with a foul substance. I used to catch them all the time in my yard in Wisconsin. I thought they were pretty cool little buggers.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Mike,

You had a brown recluse spider in Wisconsin? They were all over in NC. Those bites can turn ugly.... :(

And when moving into our "cabin" in NC many years ago there was a tree stump in the front yard. A HUGE black widow was sitting in it. My wife and daughter caught the damn thing in a jar. I didn't think they got that big.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
One of the courses that we play is in a wetlands/swamp area so you don't even go look for balls you might not come back.

The coolest thing I have seen was at Dunes West in Charleston we were on the tee box and this big bird dropped right in front of us and pulled a monster fish out of the pond. We hit and took off when we got on the other side it was standing in the fairway going to town on that fish. Looked like just a big hawk.....it was about two feet tall.

My home course has a family of Foxsquirrels.....one is solid white and about a foot and a half tall. Have seen gators, snakes, deer and other stuff around Myrtle Beach and Santee but nothing really crazy.

Jason

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Mike,

You had a brown recluse spider in Wisconsin? They were all over in NC. Those bites can turn ugly.... :(

And when moving into our "cabin" in NC many years ago there was a tree stump in the front yard. A HUGE black widow was sitting in it. My wife and daughter caught the damn thing in a jar. I didn't think they got that big.

This little biyatch was under my pool skimmer lid a few months ago. The aspect is screwed up due to distance from the camera, but she was genuinely HUGE. The ball portion of her body was close to an inch in diameter - I didn't know they got anywhere near that big. In fact according to the intarnets they don't - a point I beg to differ on. Scared the poop out of me considering my finger was about half an inch from her when I took that lid off.

ahome.lagrange.edu_tummy_widow.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Them puppies can make you mighty sick. That's even bigger then the one we found.

Did you ever take a strand from their web and try to pull it apart? You can't. Toughest fiber there is.

SolderJockey

Oct 31, 2007
A family of skunks used to live off the 8th fairway at my home course before
it was remodeled 3 years ago. Never came across anything dangerous except a playing partner or two. This is a New York City muni after all.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Mike,

That's what we identified its remains as. Didn't know they came this far north. Those guys literally 'kill you' in the area surrounding the bite. :(

🔥 Latest posts