• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship 2011

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
There's a massive tournament on this week & it might give Tim Finchem a slight unsettling feeling b/c it's not one of his.

How's this for a field? -> Lee Westwood (world # 1), Martin Kaymer (current major title holder), Graeme McDowell (current major title holder), Phil Mickelson (current major title holder), Louis Oosthuizen (current major title holder), Paul Casey, Ernie Els, Padraig Harrington, Rory McIlroy, Edoardo and Francesco Molinari, Ian Poulter, Charl Schwartzel and Justin Rose.

Six of the top 10 and 16 of the world's top 30 players, and all four of the 2010 major winners.

p1-phil-us-open_298x423.jpg

Compare this with the PGA Tour's Bob Hope Classic & its headliners -> Matt Kuchar, Stewart Cink, Jamie Lovemark, Ryan Moore.

To be frank, I don't care which tournament is on which tour. I just love great tournament golf. One thing's for sure -> I'll be tuning into the HSBC in Abu Dhabi.

What about the other forum members?

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Abu Dhabi is one of the few Euro events I actually DVR on Sunday morning. The field is phenomenal and usually a "name" player is trying to win it on Sunday. If not many of them.

Good golf, exotic location, great field. The only thing that would make it better is full HD. Most TGC broadcasts of Euro tour events are that pixelated standard definition crap. I tried to watch Charl win last weekend, but the fuzziness is so off-putting, I watched SNL off my DVR instead.

I simply will not suffer through standard def broadcasts. I'm a snob like that.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I'm sorry, but no one will watch either one of those tournaments since Tiger's not playing. :horse1: In fact, the tournaments will lose money :horse1:, the sponsor's will go out of business :horse1:, and demons from hell will walk the fairways stealing the souls of anyone who dares address a ball without Tiger on the roster. :horse1:

Ok, now that we got that crap out of the way, the Abu Dhabi sounds like it'll be a great tourney! If I get to watch any this weekend, I'll tune in.

I really need to get a DVR...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm sorry, but no one will watch either one of those tournaments since Tiger's not playing. :horse1: In fact, the tournaments will lose money :horse1:, the sponsor's will go out of business :horse1:, and demons from hell will walk the fairways stealing the souls of anyone who dares address a ball without Tiger on the roster. :horse1:

Hey Fisher, I mean McDavis, tell it like it is, why don't you?

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
In Tiger news, he is playing Torrey Pines next week, so all is right in the golf world again.

The tours don't need Tiger anymore because he doesn't win. They would like him, yes, but they don't need him. The event in Abu Dhabi this week shows you can have a great, interesting tourney as long as you put enough players together.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
In Tiger news, he is playing Torrey Pines next week, so all is right in the golf world again.

The tours don't need Tiger anymore because he doesn't win. They would like him, yes, but they don't need him. The event in Abu Dhabi this week shows you can have a great, interesting tourney as long as you put enough players together.

LOL, he had one rough year. You hear this from me first and I give you all permission to slam me for being a "Tiger Lover" and my response will be the same as Fishers!!!

5 wins and at least one if not two majors this year for Tiger and you know why? To shut all you haters up and prove just how friggin' boring the PGA Tour is without him.

Ok, I'm off the rant...carry on. Abu Dhabi, that is fun to say but seriously? This is a pretty big football weekend so... most likely I will not watch or DVR it.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
...... I give you all permission to slam me for being a "Tiger Lover" and my response will be the same as Fishers!!!

Jimbo,

You, Tiger & Fisher need to get a room. ;)

🔥 Latest posts