• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship 2011

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
By the way, our #1 in the world (not for long) Westwood barely made the cut. Don't worry guys he's only 15 strokes behind.:biglol:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sorry but anyone watching from home who contacts the media or the PGA or other rules official due to a technical infraction only seen on TV has to be an a-hole.

Was it hard to make the call? ;)

R35

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
If your last statement is directed at me, you're simply 100% wrong. Tiger being back in form is not something I really care about at all. Believe it or not, there are other golfers who play good, exciting golf. Always have been, always will be.

No it wasn't directed at you (or at least not only you). You are right about others playing exciting golf.... now. I certainly enjoy watching Phil or Bubba. Maybe a couple others, but c'mon McDavis... there is A LOT of cookie cutter golfers out there and it is BOOOOORIIIING. I don't think i'm stretching it when I imply that my memory reflects the memory of a lot of others regarding said topic either. I MIGHT be wrong, but then again it could just be that just 'cause YOU do remember doesn't prove anything about what others do.

Why do you have to call me out with that tone anyways dude? Like I truly am not aware there are other golfers playing good golf? Good golf, obviously..... exciting, not so much. Not all players have a style of game, an art to their swing, or the personality to be exciting to watch. That's really my whole point. I think a lot of people crave seeing Tiger hit a 200whatever yard shot out of a bunker, over the trees and water to a green. Or Phil's Masters shot. Or Bubba's driver off the deck from 300 yds out that sliced like 50yds. Jonathan Byrd hitting an ace to win a playoff was pretty cool too. Robotic golf from robotic people just sucks. And just so you know, it's not a Tiger issue with me. I thought Yang's shot over the tree to beat Tiger was fantastic. That day, Yang was exciting.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Martin Kaymer birdied three of his last four holes to be 18 & still leading after round 3.

jan22_kaymer_299x199.jpg

Rory McIlroy has moved into 2nd spot with a 65 after finishing birdie-eagle.

Lefty fizzled with four bogeys on the back nine after making a good start, to end with a 72.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
No it wasn't directed at you (or at least not only you). You are right about others playing exciting golf.... now. I certainly enjoy watching Phil or Bubba. Maybe a couple others, but c'mon McDavis... there is A LOT of cookie cutter golfers out there and it is BOOOOORIIIING. I don't think i'm stretching it when I imply that my memory reflects the memory of a lot of others regarding said topic either. I MIGHT be wrong, but then again it could just be that just 'cause YOU do remember doesn't prove anything about what others do.

Why do you have to call me out with that tone anyways dude? Like I truly am not aware there are other golfers playing good golf? Good golf, obviously..... exciting, not so much. Not all players have a style of game, an art to their swing, or the personality to be exciting to watch. That's really my whole point. I think a lot of people crave seeing Tiger hit a 200whatever yard shot out of a bunker, over the trees and water to a green. Or Phil's Masters shot. Or Bubba's driver off the deck from 300 yds out that sliced like 50yds. Jonathan Byrd hitting an ace to win a playoff was pretty cool too. Robotic golf from robotic people just sucks. And just so you know, it's not a Tiger issue with me. I thought Yang's shot over the tree to beat Tiger was fantastic. That day, Yang was exciting.
I wasn't calling you out, nutu, anymore than you were me. You quoted me, and then made a statement. I simply quoted you and responded. No tone implied or intended, just my opinion.

And we are both right/agree on one item: what either of us remembers only reflects on ourselves, not the golf veiwing public in general. I'm sure there are people that agree with each of us.

We'll simply have to disagree on the above issue. Not unusual, and not really that big a deal.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
And the winner is (drum roll please) -
p1-kayer2-sun_298x437.jpg

Kaymer has now taken over the world No. 2 ranking. Woods is pushed to No. 3. GMac moves up to No. 4. Lefty slides down to No. 5.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I wasn't calling you out, nutu, anymore than you were me. You quoted me, and then made a statement. I simply quoted you and responded. No tone implied or intended, just my opinion.

And we are both right/agree on one item: what either of us remembers only reflects on ourselves, not the golf veiwing public in general. I'm sure there are people that agree with each of us.

We'll simply have to disagree on the above issue. Not unusual, and not really that big a deal.

Touche.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Nice to see three fellow countrymen (ie Northern Ireland) in the top 5. As for Kaymer, man, was his smokin! I see him being #1 in the not too distant future if he keeps that sort of form up.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.