• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accenture coverage SUCKS ASS!!!!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm sorry, I know Tiger has been out for a while but the listing's for the Coverage says Live coverage of the Accenture Match Play golf' not 'The Tiger Woods show'!!!

I've been watching an Hour (after looking forward to it all day) and I've turned it off already! When watching golf I like to see drives, approach shot's, bunker shots, chipping, putting (golf) from all the field but all they show is Every Shot of Tiger's and the also ran he's playing against today and if your lucky they cut over to a 6 foot putt for someone which says for eagle to win hole!! I'd like to see how that Eagle chance was created but if it ain't in Tiger's match you only see the putts. Harington, Garcia, Poulter & McIlroy are on the course and I've not seen one shot (or putt)from any of there matches!!! They showed PM and Angel play 18 and the 1st sudden death hole but other that that it's just the Tiger Woods show.... So disappointing! I'm sure non golf fans may have tuned in just to watch Tiger's comeback but the real golf fans who watch every week want to watch Golf from everybody in the field.

Great product...pi$$ poor coverage!!!

Rant over feel better now...think I'll go watch Real Madrid stuff Liverpool (hopefully).

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
You haven't heard, MG? They've renamed it to "The Tiger Woods Triumphant Return to the Sport in which HE has NO EQUAL Accenture Match Play Tournament". :bang: :real angry:

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
You haven't heard, MG? They've renamed it to "The Tiger Woods Triumphant Return to the Sport in which HE has NO EQUAL Accenture Match Play Tournament". :bang: :real angry:

Just face it man. Tiger IS GOLF. If all you're gonna do is bitch about poor coverage, why bother trying to watch? Of course they're going to give Tiger a lot of airtime.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I like the "Tiger's return" countdown timer TGC has had in the upper corner of the screen for the past week.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Just face it man. Tiger IS GOLF. If all you're gonna do is bitch about poor coverage, why bother trying to watch? Of course they're going to give Tiger a lot of airtime.

Tiger is Golf??? Golf was around along time b4 him and will be around along time after him. He's the best player in the World but I want to watch The Accenture not just Tiger. Garcia was 3 Down after 3 now 1 Down through 6..I wouldn't mind seeing a shot or two from that match, likewise Boo Weekly v Rose, looks, sorry sounds, like a good ding dong battle but not seen one shot from that match either. I'd really like to see how McIlroy is doing on his US Debut or how Paddy's forms looking...2 down towards the Paddy slam :) Never mind shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about seeing some decent Golf from the 1st big tournament of the season... Just Tiger and some Catus!!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
No, Tiger IS NOT golf. He is world #1 and I will grant all you can say about his talent, but he is NOT golf.

And yes, it is poor coverage. Would it be good Super Bowl coverage to only show the winning team's players? Would it be good hockey coverage to only show Boston? No it wouldn't. Neither is this.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Tiger is Golf??? Golf was around along time b4 him and will be around along time after him. In what way did my statement imply anything different? He's the best player in the World but I want to watch The Accenture not just Tiger. Garcia was 3 Down after 3 now 1 Down through 6..I wouldn't mind seeing a shot or two from that match, likewise Boo Weekly v Rose, looks, sorry sounds, like a good ding dong battle but not seen one shot from that match either. I'd really like to see how McIlroy is doing on his US Debut or how Paddy's forms looking...2 down towards the Paddy slam :) Never mind shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about seeing some decent Golf from the 1st big tournament of the season... Just Tiger and some Catus!!!

Can you guys really blame TGC for this? If you were in their place would you really do anything different? I would bet that tons of people that normally don't watch golf, or rarely do, are paying close attention to this tournament, for one reason: Tiger!

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
No, Tiger IS NOT golf. He is world #1 and I will grant all you can say about his talent, but he is NOT golf.

And yes, it is poor coverage. Would it be good Super Bowl coverage to only show the winning team's players? Would it be good hockey coverage to only show Boston? No it wouldn't. Neither is this.

IMO he IS golf. Maybe not to you, or even any of the golf enthusiasts on this site, but to the rest of the world he is. Say golf, and they think Tiger. Just a fact.

And I totally agree with you guys. I'm not trying to say that the coverage isn't poor. I'm just trying to say that I don't blame TGC for this because so many more people are probably watching this tournament TO SEE Tiger.

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Yea earlier they were talking about a past tournament, forget who they were talkin bout missed the name at first but then they said "he MANAGED to beat Tiger, rofl". Just made me laugh. No but you're right I've been waitin to watch this coverage since last week, and exactly, they don't show anyone else for more then a split second. They'll show an approach shot of someone, then say, he went on to make that for birdie and win the hole, and thats it. Lame. And you're also right he isnt golf to ME...but i know what you're saying.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Mike it was the part that said "Tiger is Golf" If this was the case then who were Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Arnold Palmer? He's the current World #1, maybe the best player ever to have swung a club but that doesn't make him golf.

TGC are making a mistake pandering to the part time golf fan...surely they want to please there full time golf fans, the people who watch all there show's not just the live coverage of the big events? Don't get me wrong I'd show every shot of Tiger's round today but I'd cut back on the pictures of Cactus' and Pond's or Shots from the Blimp and I'd show as much coverage from other matches as well... Maybe the part time golf fan would see Ian Poulter, Villegas, Harrington, Rory McIlroy, etc and become full time golf fans???

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Mike it was the part that said "Tiger is Golf" If this was the case then who were Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Arnold Palmer? He's the current World #1, maybe the best player ever to have swung a club but that doesn't make him golf.

Refer to my previous post, #8. You say golf to basically anybody, and what do they think? Tiger. This has nothing to do with past players whatsoever. It's the marketing aspect. You're not changing my opinion, and I'm obviously not going to affect yours. So we are at an impasse. What a silly thing to be arguing about in the first place lol

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Mike Weir shot -4 and lost..

I'm cheering for a european. TGC loves to show americans a little too much.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Well, from the ratings aspect, more people want to see Tiger than anyone else in the field. There are 32 matches, and only one can be on TV at a time. I guess they went with their showhorse. I'm glad they did. I'd rather watch Tiger than anybody, and since it's only ONE channel, it's mostly all they can do.

That being said... wouldn't it be very cool to have a feature on their website where you could watch the entirety of any match you wanted? There are cameras on every hole. I don't know why this isn't possible...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I understand them showing each shot Tiger makes. But instead of showing him lining up his shot, taking 2 or 3 practice swings, and then his reaction afterwards, cut to other golfers occasionally. I'm surprised they didn't follow every step he took and make comments like, "look, not even a hint of a limp." For all I know they may have, I was only able to stomach brief stretches of the Tiger love fest that was the coverage today.

Members online

No members online now.