• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accenture coverage SUCKS ASS!!!!

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
I enjoyed the time that Tiger was out. The media are all about hero worship. For them, it is good business. The more they turn Tiger into a God, the more magazines and other stuff they sell. A lot of people who know little of golf or its history have jumped on the band wagon of Tigermania. It is like Elvis, the Beatles and such. Tiger is a special golfer, but that is really it. Why someone would buy a Buick because it is endorsed by Tiger is amazing to me, or anything else he endorses that is not golf related. I could not care less about what underwear Michael Jordan wears, but obviously some folks do, perhaps some here on this forum. But if Tiger endorsed another brand, there is no doubt Hanes would be in trouble, and I am still amazed that that is the way it is.

People are really very, very interesting. A kid can clear a small profit selling lemonade, and experts running huge corporations can tank the world economy. Does that make sense? I guess when it comes to people, things are not suppose to make sense. Thank goodness beating a little ball around golf courses the last fifty-two years has made a lot of sense.

It is nice to have Tiger back, and he is a really fine person. I simply refuse to worship him the way some do. I am pretty sure he feels sort of strange about some of the adulation. Of course, the press building him up has had an impact on some of Tiger's competition, and the money has been extraordinary.

CP

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Match play just doesn't work well for TV. There is just not enough golf. Also 2 days of basically the same 4 golfers is incredibly boring especially when the leader has a comfortable lead.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Match play just doesn't work well for TV. There is just not enough golf. Also 2 days of basically the same 4 golfers is incredibly boring especially when the leader has a comfortable lead.

I don't understand... you prefer the normal situation which is two days of one golfer, often with a comfortable lead?

🔥 Latest posts