• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accenture coverage SUCKS ASS!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Tiger is out......Now it sucks. Is the LPGA on this weekend????

awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_willybs.gif

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I love match play. Anything can happen.

The PGA should take the PGA Championship back to match play. For years it has been just another tournament, not even a true major in my opinion. One or two days of stroke play to whittle down the field, followed by 3 days of match play would make it unique and exciting.

Yeah, I know, the TV networks hate the idea. Screw'em.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Good day for England yesterday - Ross Fisher had a great day thumping Perez caught my eye. Fisher could be big this season.

Wilson was great too -9 for 17 holes. I suspect though, that this group's main problem in the big strokeplay events my come back to haunt them...ie 1 bad day and that's what seperates them from the elite at the moment. Which is frustrating for us over here.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I thought that this tournament would not affect the world rankings....am I wrong???

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I thought that this tournament would not affect the world rankings....am I wrong???
Heard a discussion on XM about the fact that if Tiger lost in the first round and Sergio won that Tiger would still be slightly (I think it was 3/10 of a point) ahead of Sergio and would remain world #1. Based on that, I think it does.

But I have no idea how they distribute points from match play to affect the world rankings. :confused:

The master

Oct 24, 2004

I am almost certain I heard that there was points available this week because Mcilroy said if he wins it will move him into the top 10. And also heard about the sergio getting closer to tiger if he won as well.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Oh and to chip into this thread I understand that it is tigers return and we were going to see most if not all his shots but they were taking the piss by showing him walking from most tees down the fair way and constant replays. They could have showed a lot of excellent golf I'm sure in between tigers shots. I'm glad tiger is gone in the nicest possible way

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Heard a discussion on XM about the fact that if Tiger lost in the first round and Sergio won that Tiger would still be slightly (I think it was 3/10 of a point) ahead of Sergio and would remain world #1. Based on that, I think it does.

But I have no idea how they distribute points from match play to affect the world rankings. :confused:

It's a WGC event so does count big time towards the ranking's... Points are dished out on the Prize money they recieve for there finish and the strength of the field is also factored in. I believe the 1st four players get points for there respective finish and everybody else who get eliminated in the same round get the same amount of points.

I'm not glad Tiger's out but I am glad we will see more shots from the field now. On a side note I think I've figured out why I don't like too much Tiger coverage (apart from not seeing the field) I HATE Steve Williams, just seeing him on the TV makes me want to knock his arrogant head off!!! If only Tiger would get a new Caddy I wouldn't mind all the Tiger Woods Show style coverage quite so much! I'm thinking maybe one of his Wife's fit Swedeish model friends?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I think Mcilroy will win the tournament :laugh: Which will propel him into the worlds top 5.

I would have liked to see him play Tiger... it would have been great to see how he coped playing with his golfing idel (yes McIlroy is that young he wanted to be Tiger when he was a junior golfer)... if he could have beaten Tiger in there 1st head to head it could have been the start of a great rivalry. Somebody playing Tiger week in week out without concedeing if Tiger plays well he wins can only be good for this great game.

BTW, Clark's attitude yesterday was outstanding, he got stuck in and didn't let the Tiger mania over take him... the fella Tiger played in the 1st round (can't be arsed looking up his name) gave up once he knew Tiger was playing...his iterview afterwards was 3 & 2 against Tiger that isn't bad,,,he pretty much said he would have taken that before teeing off.

🔥 Latest posts