• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accenture Match Play Championship

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What a great tournament. Great final round. Pulling for Day, but after those two shots from the rough, it was hard to see Victor lose. What a grinder he is.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Some really great golf played today. Those greens were monsters!! Yet, we saw these guys hit greens from fairway sand traps 180 yards out. We saw tremendous putting displays. Fowler and Els joked and acted as if they were regular Sunday partners at a local muni. Duibisson and Day showed great sportsmanship. Again, they complimented each other on great shots and great putts. There were laughs and smiles as it went to extra hole after extra hole. There was a half million dollar difference between first and second place. Yet, you didn't see egos and tempers and club tossing. You saw good golf by some gentlemen who played their hearts out.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Good sportsmanship between those two. I'm going to ask the controversial question. If you had Tiger or Jason Day duking it out down the stretch, who would you put your money on?

1780682_463685443733379_158853173_n.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Good sportsmanship between those two. I'm going to ask the controversial question. If you had Tiger or Jason Day duking it out down the stretch, who would you put your money on?

1780682_463685443733379_158853173_n.jpg
Tiger and Day duking it out? Or, Duibisson and Tiger?? Today??
I didn't put "my money" on either of the players in the final pairing. In fact, I didn't put my money on anyone in the consolation match. However, I saw what appeared to be some stellar play by the "new breed" of players who weren't at their pinnacle during the "intimidation era". Duibisson ( I know I'm probably not spelling it correctly) showed no fear as he took down big name after big name. Day has competed... and won... against the best players in golf. On this course? With the greens as tough as they were to putt? I would have taken either of these two over Tiger? 23 hole final? The ability to put one bad hole behind you in match play got Speith in trouble. I honestly feel the current emotional side of Tiger would have not treated him well in this venue.
As #1 in the World, one would have to put their "lunch money" on Tiger. Yet, I am totally impressed by the display witnessed over the weekend. I'm ready to see who brings what game to Augusta in April.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Tiger and Day duking it out? Or, Duibisson and Tiger?? Today??
I didn't put "my money" on either of the players in the final pairing. In fact, I didn't put my money on anyone in the consolation match. However, I saw what appeared to be some stellar play by the "new breed" of players who weren't at their pinnacle during the "intimidation era". Duibisson ( I know I'm probably not spelling it correctly) showed no fear as he took down big name after big name. Day has competed... and won... against the best players in golf. On this course? With the greens as tough as they were to putt? I would have taken either of these two over Tiger? 23 hole final? The ability to put one bad hole behind you in match play got Speith in trouble. I honestly feel the current emotional side of Tiger would have not treated him well in this venue.
As #1 in the World, one would have to put their "lunch money" on Tiger. Yet, I am totally impressed by the display witnessed over the weekend. I'm ready to see who brings what game to Augusta in April.
Soooo your answer is...?

In match play, my answer is always Tiger.

Members online