• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accenture Match Play

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
What do you think???? The Snead bracket looks to be the toughest one. My prediction is whoever wins match 51 will go on to win. The possible people to emerge from match 51 are Woods, Bjorn, Ogilvy, Harrington, Dustin Johnson, Mark Wilson, Bill Haas and Bubba Watson.

Prediction for the final day.......a very boring telecast.:p

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
My prediction is whoever wins match 51 will go on to win. The possible people to emerge from match 51 are Woods, Bjorn, Ogilvy, Harrington, Dustin Johnson, Mark Wilson, Bill Haas and Bubba Watson.

What a surprise there Fisher! Why don't we just award Eldrick the trophy now before a ball is hit?!

As always this will be as open as it gets. For some reason I feel an Aussie winning it going on current form.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Prediction for the final day.......a very boring telecast.:p

Nothing "boring" about match play. The television people hate it, because you don't know when the match will end. But, match play brings out an completely different set of strategies than stroke play.
I would think, of the group you listed, Bubba and Haas and Wilson have been playing the best golf. Of the top players in that group, I'd have to give the edge to Bubba.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I love Match Play. It makes every shot and every whole interesting. Ogilvy is always a threat. It seems he only knowns how to play this tipe of games and the disappears the rest of the year...

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Match play definitely brings out the best in Ogilvy. I like his chances.

How many weeks in a row has Phil played?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Nothing "boring" about match play. The television people hate it, because you don't know when the match will end. But, match play brings out an completely different set of strategies than stroke play.
I would think, of the group you listed, Bubba and Haas and Wilson have been playing the best golf. Of the top players in that group, I'd have to give the edge to Bubba.

I agree with all your points, I still have found the accenture to be quite a boring tournament the last few years. I don't know why, maybe its the final pairings? I don't know, it just hasn't seemed all that interesting to me...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Match play definitely brings out the best in Ogilvy. I like his chances.

I absolutely love top level match play & I think the golfing authorities have the right mix of matchplay vs strokeplay tournaments.

I agree about Ogilvy. He seems to go to another level (if that's possible) when playing matchplay.

If anyone is wondering about the draw, you'll find it here.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
What a surprise there Fisher! Why don't we just award Eldrick the trophy now before a ball is hit?!

As always this will be as open as it gets. For some reason I feel an Aussie winning it going on current form.

Probably the stupidest post ever. Get your head out of your ____!!! I listed the names in the bracket in the order they appear in the bracket sheet on the PGA website. Are you blinded by hate or just pure stupidity. Look at the names in that bracket bumble_____. That bracket is stacked.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008

The problem with the sunday broadcast is that there are not enough golfers on the course to keep the action going.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I suppose we shouldn't forget about the crafty GMac as a threat.

A photo of him practicing for the tourney.

aphotos_a.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_snc6_182264_196581130370046_166622983365861_673831_6709476_s.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
By the way, "Broken Arrow" aka Eldrick Woods, is playing Thomas Bjorn in his first game.

The bookies have his odds of winning the tournament at 14-1. Apparently his longest odds since the 1997 Masters. Still searching for a tourney win since the 2009 Australian Masters.

p1-tiger-wed_298x425.jpg

It's weird that Thomas Bjorn is reported as not being too confident. Report here.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
What do you think???? The possible people to emerge from match 51 are Woods, Bjorn, Ogilvy, Harrington, Dustin Johnson, Mark Wilson, Bill Haas and Bubba Watson.

Yes he did AWESOME today. I'm sure THIS IS THE TOURNAMENT HE IS GOING TO WIN....

Oh no....wait........he actually got beaten by the last seed in his group.

Well, maybe next time :D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
ai2.cdn.turner.com_pgatour_2011_tournaments_r470_02_23_wednesday_wrap_tiger_woods_wrap.jpg

Of the notables, Ogilvy, Els, Lefty, GMac, Kaymer, Westwood, Cink, Casey, Yang, and McIlroy are through.

Round 1 match reports here.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Are you blinded by hate or just pure stupidity.

I often ask myself the same question about you. Tell you what Fisher, just for fun, let's put a wager on that the winner of match 51 will NOT win this. How about 1 doz premium balls?

Oh and on the subject of your obsession, Mr. Woods looked pitiful in his post match interview last night. As he plummets down the world rankings Woods has to realise that the problems in his game stretch beyond his erratic drives - his short game historically separated him from the pack, and he's nowhere near as efficient with his chipping and putting these days.

🔥 Latest posts