• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accenture Match Play

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
What a surprise there Fisher! Why don't we just award Eldrick the trophy now before a ball is hit?!

As always this will be as open as it gets. For some reason I feel an Aussie winning it going on current form.

Probably the stupidest post ever. Get your head out of your ____!!! I listed the names in the bracket in the order they appear in the bracket sheet on the PGA website. Are you blinded by hate or just pure stupidity. Look at the names in that bracket bumble_____. That bracket is stacked.

Play nice, boys. Watch the personal attacks, please.

Fisher, the highlighted parts are way overboard relative to what IG said. Calm it down.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
If someone makes an unprovoked personal attack at me I will respond. Some might not like my response. Oh well.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Phil ran into a buzzsaw today. Fowler was on fire.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Funny how Fisher gets very quiet in the threads once his boy gets bounced. Then eventually when he does pop in claims that he didn't watch it.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
The problem with the sunday broadcast is that there are not enough golfers on the course to keep the action going.

Yeah, agreed..its a combined 54 holes with only 4 on the course on Sunday, isnt it?

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Funny how Fisher gets very quiet in the threads once his boy gets bounced. Then eventually when he does pop in claims that he didn't watch it.

Another idotic post. See my original response to Irish. Insert that response here.
I actually ditched out of work today a little early and got to watch Phil get run over by a kid on a dirt bike.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The problem with the sunday broadcast is that there are not enough golfers on the course to keep the action going.

Yeah, agreed..its a combined 54 holes with only 4 on the course on Sunday, isnt it?

Hmmm ... can't really agree with that & I don't think it's fair to criticise matchplay for it. There are plenty of stroke play events that can result in a play off between two players. Some tourneys even mandate an 18 hole play off (US Open) or a 4 hole play off (Open Championship). Only having two on the course can be just as interesting and enthralling as having 36.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
If my prediction holds the eventual winner will come from tomorrow's match between Ogilvee and Bubba Watson. That would be a fun one to watch. I would also like to see a match between JB Holmes and Bubba Watson. Perhaps that provides a hint of who I think will win the event.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Refer back to my "You boys play nice" comment, Wi...let's leave it alone.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Ok, anyway, Tiger is out, Westwood is out, McIlroy was crushed.

I can't believe Manassero is still in! Just 17? Oh boy! He does have a huge career ahead of him!

And I'm cheering for Jimenez!!!!! He's awesome!!!!!

For Westwood haters by the way, if Kaymer gets to the final, he gets the No 1 spot, so you can all sleep happily!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

I, personally, enjoy watching match play. In a typical stroke play tourney, the cameras spend most of their tiime on the greens. You may see a couple from the leaderboard being followed from tee to green. Most other players are either not shown at all or only shown putting. With match play, you have a much better opportunity to watch the entire match.
Also, in years past... when TW was not playing on Sunday... the television networks made certain to replay each and every stroke he had taken earlier in the week. Shoot! At the WGC, they would even spend time showing TW's shots from the time he was on the Johnny Carson show to the current time in his career. This year, those extra "fill" slots can show his club tossing and cursing skills.
Again, this is one of the only match play events we are able to see during a season. Match play used to get considerably more attention. I'm having another tooth extracted early tomorrow morning. It's supposed to be cold and snowy all weekend... so no golf. I'm hoping the sweetheart will take pity on this poor old man and allow him to watch lots of the WGC over the weekend.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Well, no "Braker 51" winner. European Final Match. Donald is just killing it, but Kaymes IS THE No 1 PLAYER IN THE WORLD (Some of you can relax now) so should be an awesome match to watch today...

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online