• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accenture Match Play

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The chances are very slim, but I hope Tiger wins this tournament. Winning this one would be just what he needs to get back on track. Not that he's even playing bad golf. Bad for Tiger maybe. Come to think of it i'd actually like to see Steve Stricker win. If not Stricker then Tiger.

I found myself pulling for Tiger, something I can't recall doing in a LONG LONG time. It would be great to see him regain some of his lost confidense, maybe winning, or at least advancing far in this one will do it?

Did Lefty pull out of this one, or just have a 1st round bye?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The chances are very slim, but I hope Tiger wins this tournament. Winning this one would be just what he needs to get back on track. Not that he's even playing bad golf. Bad for Tiger maybe. Come to think of it i'd actually like to see Steve Stricker win. If not Stricker then Tiger.

It's funny, 3 top tens in his last 4 tournaments, yet he's not playing well.

I'll take 75% top ten finish's on tour my entire life no problem.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Did Lefty pull out of this one, or just have a 1st round bye?

Not playing.

He might be in the other tournament that's going on this weekend...let me check.

Nope, not in that one either, must have taken the weekend off.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
So, do you guys think McIlroy will become the number 1 player in the world this week? Donald is out already and the points are close. Not sure what it will take for him to take over the no. 1 spot. Maybe 3rd round? Anyone know? If you ask me, Rory is the best player in the world atm...of course opinions are like *******s. :)

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I like Rory. I think he's the next best thing for golf since Tiger. Is he the best golfer in the world right now? I don't know...but he's damn good for the game of golf, i know that.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Stricker wins his second match!!!

Plays Hunter Mayhan tomorrow @ 10:51 AM!

Tiger is all square through nine against Nick Watney.

Ryo Ishikawa who beat out Bill Haas yesterday coming back from a 3 down with 5 to play deficit lost today to Lawrie.

Kyle Stanely is even through 8 with Snedeker.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Nick just holed a nice 20 footer for birdie on 12 to win the hole. Now 2 up on Tiger through 12.

Tiger came up short on the par 3 and it would've made the green and been close but it got sucked into a bunker. Splashed out to about 4 feet, but nick made the birdie putt.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Dustin Johnson, after going 20 holes yesterday to beat Jim Furyk, destroys Francesco Molinari 7 and 5

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Match play is so tough to predict. The 65th player in the world isn't that far away from #1. Any given day. It's over the course of a year, two years etc. that the better players average out.

My boys Watney and Stricker are still in. Stricker won this thing before he was GOOD.

Furyk gagged against DJ. Had him 3 down at one point and DJ made bogey, on a par 5, and Furyk STILL gagged it to him. Not ready for prime-time yet.

My last player in the field, Stanley, got owned again by Snedeker. I really hope KFS doesn't have to face Snedeker again the rest of the year. I just know the USGA, Augusta National, and the R&A will pair them in the first two rounds now during the majors. If Stanley keeps folding to him, his year may be over.

Hopefully Watney didn't use up all his skill just to beat Tiger. There are a LOT better players left in the field than Tiger that he still has to go through.

Again, Tiger was able to hit a few shots, unlike last year. But he still can't putt.

I think it's time to give some money back to Nike and go back to the Scotty. He only won 13 majors with it. How sour could it really have gone?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
In the post-round interview, TW was talking about his putter. Said if he let it release, everything went left. If he tried to hold it off, he'd block everything right. You could tell, he has lost all confidence in his flat-stick.

Tough to see Stricker play Mahan. I like both. Would have preferred them to be in separate brackets.

🔥 Latest posts