• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accuflex Creation Review (sorry Rock)

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
The shaft sounds good but have either of you hit it in strong winds yet? (like those you get in Scotland :))

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Yes, I played yesterday in 30kmh gusting to 45 and had no probelms at all. Not a single balloon ball and the distance I was getting was unreal into the wind.
This shaft needs to be tried to be believed. I know I sound like a broken record, but them the facts jack.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I think the butt flex for the entire driver, 5" clamp, was 255cpms. Of course, that is on a club that is a SW of about D8 if I remember correctly.

The creation does swing weight very high. With my head (203g) and a playing length of 44.5 inches it still swingweights at D6.

Incedentally, the stiffest tip I ever came across so far is the Accuflex VS339. My old GS Frequency Meter only measures up to 600 and the VS wouldn't even register at 21". It was around 580cpms at 26". X-flex. Amazingly the X-flex JLG Ultra Boom is WEAK as HELL. The stats on it make it seem like an S-flex or regular. Same company too. Really odd.

The VS339 is a true hitters shaft. You swing smooth, look elsewhere. The ultraboom is the exact opposite. Two different designs, geared for two very different swing types.

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow and hopefully post back.

I expect you to love it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I found this old thread where LyleG and R35 went nuts over this shaft. They are now down to $50 now so figured "what the heck". Got it in my Cobra and left it at 48". Didn't seem all that bad and went out on the course today cold turkey with it set at 10.5° loft. These guys weren't lying. It's long. I never really had one feel good but was about 10 yards longer on average. Finally on the last couple holes started getting a good swing with it and boom. I thought I hit a sky ball but the mark on the driver face was just above center. It dropped in the center of the fairway about 10 yards farther then normal. Went back in this thread and see LyleG had his driver at 8.5° loft. Will try tomorrow on the driving range with that loft and see what happens. Then if still feeling goofy will cut the shaft down to 45" playing length. I'm having fun with this..

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Oh Lyle and Rock, don’t forget Ezra remember him? Biggest club ho ever.

Where did you find the creation?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Tried it today on the driving range set at 8.5° and wow. The trajectory I was hoping for. Now to play a round with it to see if I can control the 48" shaft length. If not I'll lop it off at 45" and call it good.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
WBL how does it compare with the HZARDUS? I'm looking for something new and this might be it!! In terms of the Cobra adaptor, did you put it on yourself? Easy to do?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Putting the adapter on is easy to do. Just rough up the shaft tip with some emery cloth or sandpaper (distance of inside of adapter) and use 24 hour cure epoxy. Use a wood dowel to get it inside the adapter and a popsickle stick to mix the epoxy and put it on the shaft. Have a rag and some alcohol handy to wipe off the excess glue that squirts out when you put it together and spin the shaft a few times inside the adpater. Don't touch it at all until fully cured.

As far as comparing to HZRDOUS it's way different. It's pretty high launch but mid-high bend. I found the HZRDOUS was very low launch.

I just cut the /creation down to play at 46" and changed the loft to 9.5°. At 48" it feels like 10 lb. conduit. At 46" it feels nice. I am honestly hitting it about 10 (or more) yards further then the Aldila Tour Green I took out.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I got a Creation from Diamond Golf and WBL just finished it up. Have to wait 24 hours before I try it. I had him make it the standard length (45"). It has to be good to replace my HZRDS red. Will let you know when this shitty weather goes away and we can play again.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Played today. It was 52° and windy and cloudy and crappy. Ball wasn't flying worth shit. I hit drives with the Creation to places I've never been before..............and in the middle of the fairways. The ball flight was like I've always dreamed of...............just beautiful to watch. I'm never changing driver shafts again. UNBELIEVABLE. I feel like I just went from 72 years old to 30. I've regained my youth. I could blubber on and on.............

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played today. It was 52° and windy and cloudy and crappy. Ball wasn't flying worth shit. I hit drives with the Creation to places I've never been before..............and in the middle of the fairways. The ball flight was like I've always dreamed of...............just beautiful to watch. I'm never changing driver shafts again. UNBELIEVABLE. I feel like I just went from 72 years old to 30. I've regained my youth. I could blubber on and on.............
Well then change your sig!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.