• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adam Scott - Back to winning ways

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I met Adam in Shanghai and we had a long talk about his future. I reminded him that he still has one of the best swings on tour and that once the putts start to drop, he'll be in the winner's circle again. I told him not to lose heart and just keep believing in himself. Looks like my pep talk worked wonders. Back to back winner! I expect my % will be in the post.

Dr IG

Attachments

• Scott.png
    Scott.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 103

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I met Adam in Shanghai and we had a long talk about his future. I reminded him that he still has one of the best swings on tour and that once the putts start to drop, he'll be in the winner's circle again. I told him not to lose heart and just keep believing in himself. Looks like my pep talk worked wonders. Back to back winner! I expect my % will be in the post.

Dr IG

I have a similar photo, Mark. I followed him around his practice round at the Australian Masters in 2009. He was happy to pose with fans for a photo at various times. His good nature hasn’t changed over the years.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Good to see Scott win again!!! I still am a fan of having such a large cadre' of players, anyone of which can hoist the trophy on a Sunday afternoon. Either the USGA should never have allowed the "broomsticks"... or, if allowed for the time they were... not made them non-conforming. A group of players... Scott being one... had used that configuration of a putter and that putting style to bring him to the upper echelons of golf. Suddenly, his putter was ripped out of his hands and he was told to find a totally different putting style. Mechanically, this had to put his at a tremendous disadvantage. Mentally, this could well have been career ending. But... he came back. He's been playing well and it was only a matter of time. I hope we see him in the winners circle more this season.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
For him, like many others on tour, it’s not so much about his swing as how well the putter is working. Phenomenal ball striker with a picture perfect swing...though I’ll admit I feel his pain when he’s putting at times.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I watched him hit shots on the range, he was pretty much the last guy standing. And I was the only spectator. Talk about pure strikes. But he was grinding it out. I kept thinking to myself, he must be a terrible putter. But I guess he found something to finally start working on the moss. We had a decent chat when he got finished up. I asked him what he thought about The Open at Portrush. He was very complimentary. He seems like one of the good guys, very easy to chat with, very grounded. Another major in the tank? I, for one, would love to see it.

🔥 Latest posts