• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adams A2 OS?

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
Anyone have any opinions on this Hybrid set? I was at my local shop today, trying to decide on irons.. the salesman directed me towards the Adams A2OS irons..he say they are the most forgiving irons he's ever swung.. I am a new golfer trying to break 100... He seems to think these would suit me well..they are about $400.. On the other hand, I can get a set of Callaway fusions(used) for $450.. What should I do?

the Adams set comes with the 3,4,5,6 as hybrids.. The salesman thinks hybrids, would be good for me.. any opininons on that?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
What are you currently using? If they are a decent set, I'd say spend the money on lessons instead. With 3 lessons I can almost promise you, you will break 100 and so much more.

OP
E

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
I currently play with a sh!tty box set from Dicks Sporting goods..Also I have been taking lessons from a pro, at a local golf school.. I will be taking lessons for awhile.. But I want a better set of clubs to play with..

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Advising people to buy Adams clubs seems to be my job on here.
They make great clubs for great prices plus the clubs your talking about are very forgiving.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Advising people to buy Adams clubs seems to be my job on here.
They make great clubs for great prices plus the clubs your talking about are very forgiving.

I think I posted in another thread... You must get some sort of commision on every Adams club that gets sold.

dfreeland311

Aug 12, 2006
Anyone have any opinions on this Hybrid set? I was at my local shop today, trying to decide on irons.. the salesman directed me towards the Adams A2OS irons..he say they are the most forgiving irons he's ever swung.. I am a new golfer trying to break 100... He seems to think these would suit me well..they are about $400.. On the other hand, I can get a set of Callaway fusions(used) for $450.. What should I do?

the Adams set comes with the 3,4,5,6 as hybrids.. The salesman thinks hybrids, would be good for me.. any opininons on that?
I personally play with Adams A1s in my bag and love them. I can hit the golf ball like a rocket straight down the fairway. The A1s are simply the A2's proud parent, and with the A1s you get 3, 4 hybrids, and the rest are cavity irons.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Buy Pings!

(I've been wanting to crack that joke all day!)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If Razor attacks me with Pings at least I know I won't go very far!

Nate Adams

Aug 21, 2006
I bought a set of Adams a2os irons this year after playing the same set of irons for a decade.
I initially only wanted a couple rescue clubs to replace 3-4 irons but hit/liked the Adams so much I purchased the set. They have been great....the 4 hybrids in the set are very easy to hit and look great too. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a "game improvement" type club. I think they did pretty well in the annual Golf Digest Hot List this year as well.
That said: I agree with the comments regarding lessons....money well spent.

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
I'd say spend the money on lessons instead. With 3 lessons I can almost promise you, you will break 100 and so much more.

Well that would depend on the student and---the teachers ability.

I have the older A2 with the Hybrid 3 and 4. They are a little better then my prior 2 iron sets. For the price the Adams are hard to beat.

I understand getting antsy and wanting some brand name sticks once you catch the bug, but if your are just starting out, they won't make much difference.

I went throught 3 sets of irons in a year before I realized I just can't hit irons. I bought an all Hybrid iron set (set #4) and it has worked wonders for me. If you find hitting hybrids much easier, you may give that a try.

OP
E

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
Well that would depend on the student and---the teachers ability.

I have the older A2 with the Hybrid 3 and 4. They are a little better then my prior 2 iron sets. For the price the Adams are hard to beat.

I understand getting antsy and wanting some brand name sticks once you catch the bug, but if your are just starting out, they won't make much difference.

I went throught 3 sets of irons in a year before I realized I just can't hit irons. I bought an all Hybrid iron set (set #4) and it has worked wonders for me. If you find hitting hybrids much easier, you may give that a try.

I dont have any problems hitting irons..I mean, I definitely need work in all my golf game..Driving is my downfall..I can usually hit my irons straight, and accurate(as much a newbie can)..

to tell you truth, I have one Hybrid in my current box set..I have used it for no more than 3-4 shots.. I dont know if I "need" hybrids.. maybe I do..like I have stated in the past. I am new to this stuff

Anyone have any opinions on my delema? used fusions for the price of new A2Os's?

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
Then I would say the Adams. Most people have their personal preference, and you will too. But you will rarely find anyone saying something bad about the A2'S. There are places that allow you to take them out for a trail run.

I never tried the fusion so I don't know what they bring to the table. Are the fusions game improvement irons? If you are just starting out I would stick with the easiest clubs to hit and less on shot shaping.

gregfletch

Aug 20, 2006

This is my first post and this subject really hits home, so bear with me a little. I've been playing for five years and struggle to get into the lower 90's. I don't have a fast swing speed, so I recently bit the bullet and bought the A2OS irons (even went so far as to get the senior set which has a 7 iron that is a hybrid). The clubs are incredible. Extremely easy to hit and worth every penny. The "right" clubs really do make a difference and I sure wish these were around when I got started. I doubt that I ever would have thought about switching to anything else...

gregfletch

Aug 20, 2006
Just to follow-up... Played my first full round with the Adams A2OS Senior Set - Shot an 89 - tied the score for my best round ever!!! This was the first 18 hole round I've played in 6 months - WOW! - these clubs ROCK!

🔥 Latest posts