• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adams Idea A1 Hybrids

3Bogey

Reaction score
I just picked up 2 brand new Adams IDEA A1 hybrid 3 and 4 irons with a stock graphite shaft off of ebay for $30 bucks. Watson claimed a few years ago that theses were the best hybrids out there but of course he has a lucrative contract for endorsing Adams products. Since it is winter, and I can't try them out until May, wanted to know if I should should resell them and make a few dollars(I did get a great deal on them at $30 bucks) or if they are really that good. Tight lies fairway woods has always been Adams trademark so I do know they have made great fairway woods. Anybody have a set of these??

They are very good hybrids especially if you get a decent shaft in them.

I've got the same ones w/ steel shafts (TT dynamic gold lite). They are solid clubs and you can't beat the price. I'd keep them to try em out, unless you already have hybrids you are totally satisfied with. I can't really attest to how long they hit b/c as I mentioned I have steel which sacrifices some distance (plus my steel shafts are about 1/2" shorter than std.). I wanted alot of accuracy out of my hybrids so I sacrificed some distance.

i have a full set of the A2OS and love the hybrids and the set overall,my only regret is not getting the steel shafted clubs as the graphite shaft has too much whip.

RinkRat

i have a full set of the A2OS and love the hybrids and the set overall,my only regret is not getting the steel shafted clubs as the graphite shaft has too much whip.

Are they regular or stiff? I'm not much of an OEM guy, mainly because of the cost, but if I had to get a set it definitely would be the A2's. The os has the hybrids from 3 to 6 and then standard from 7 to 9, correct?? I think they are an awesome looking set of irons especialy the NV green shafts that come with the graphite set. I love my Snake Eyes forged but I sacrifice a little distance with them. I'm thinking about getting another set and am looking at the A2's.

you are correct on the hybrid to iron break up and my shafts are reg flex.i am sacrificing some distance with these as well but not too much.I've always hit steel shafts and these hit good in the store but on the course they are a little whippy.

Hey 3Bogey, what is your natural ball flight?

Further, what is the ball flight with these?

On the search

(Hey 3Bogey, what is your natural ball flight?)

I don't have a particulary high ball flight especially with my longer irons, they tend to flatten out more than they should, and that's why I'm looking for a good set of hybrid's to get them up to hold the greens. I'm not a big guy 5'8", but strong and definitely should be hitting longer irons and drives for that matter. I have severe power outages, mainly mechanics and lack of flexibility, so I am hoping technology will help me out. My drives only average 200-220 with a smooth swing and my 5 iron is only about a 150 yard carry. Since I'm 150-200 yards back on my 2nd on many of the par 4's I need to be able to get the ball in the air to hold the green. My short game is pretty good for a 16 handicap so if I could dial in closer to the green with these hybrids I know I could get down to a 10 with as much golf as I play. We have long winters, Only 6 months of golf,:( but I play alot in the summer since I teach. I really love my snake eyes 600XC but I'm thinking about a whole set of these Adams A2 if I can pick them up cheap enough on ebay. I really like Snake Eyes products but their hybrids are awful, I can't hit them at all(probably me:confused: ), so that's why I am on the search. I hit the Baffler awesome but these A2's just look so much better plus they have great reviews!! It has to be asthetically pleasing and the baffler just doesn't do it for me! :)

I'm familiar with the Adams Idea A2, but what are the A1's?

They were out before the A2's.

I am currently using Titleist 762 irons. Is the Adams A2 OS Senior set, Sw thru 4i hybrid, as easy to hit/play as everyone claims? People rave about the ease of these clubs, even stating that it is a day and night comparison to the old Titleist DCI irons. Is this true or just promo/ad stuff?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520