• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adams Speedline

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Has anyone had the joy of a demo with this thing? I have to say I have never paid much attention to Adams, but I caved in the face of my HiBore XLS Tour last week and the pro at my club gave me one to demo while my replacement is shipped from Cleveland.

WOW. Beautiful at address, it's not a hook face, but nice and square. Holy mackerel what a sweet sound. I am not as accurate as with my open faced XLS Tour, but I would say on average I'm about 15-20 yards longer. My XLS Tour puts me in the 270ish range. On a rare occasion with dry fairways and great tempo I can reach 300. I hit wedges into several holes over the weekend where I usually hit 7-8 irons.

Wow, Adams has caught my attention. I wonder if I could get the accuracy to what I have with the HiBore if I cut the shaft down to where I am with the Cleveland? I'm considering it.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I played 27 holes the other day with a legit scratch golfer who had just bought one and he loved it. Once he found out the ideal tee height he was absolutely crushing it. He had a G-10 that he traded in on it, (sorry WBL), That had a aftermarket V2 shaft in it and the Adams is longer than the G-10 with the factory shaft. Once he replaces the shaft I can't even imagine how far he will hit this thing?

He offered to let me hit it but I passed, I'd have hated to put a Ezra mark on his brand new driver, :D

OP
R

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Yea it was bizarre how hot this thing was. The stock shaft is a ProLaunch 60 gram which I'm not in love with. At 46" it's still only a D2 and my driver is a D5 so I can tell a huge difference in swing weight and overall weight. I might just get one and throw another Speeder in there at 44" and see how it rips. Whew, what a monster.

dbwood

Dec 11, 2008
I've always thought that Adams clubs were underrated. And they're dirt cheap used.
Dean

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Haven't tried this one yet but I have tried the A4. Adams stepped up their game big time with the BTY/BUL drivers and then the Insight XTD series, the two new offerings this year (Speedline & A4) complete the hat trick. The Speedline looks a little too deep for my test but I just love the look/feel of the A4. Anyone that has overlooked Adams in the past should not make that same mistake now; definitely worth considering if you're in the market. For the record, I am and I am... :thumbs up:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I hit it in the shop and liked it. I was surprised, the 60g Prolaunch actually felt pretty good. Must be the Axis technology or something.
icon7.gif
I still liked the 9015D better though. I'm off the ho train anyway. I went to range and pulverized my Cobra today. Should have the shaft for the 9.5* head soon. I think I'm going to tip it 1/2" before putting it in.

OP
R

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Well if anyone has one here on the message board they want to sell I might be interested. I hate to buy a new one b/c I'm most likely just going to throw it out for a much heavier Speeder 757 or V2 76 gram. Thanks!

equipmentjunkie

Feb 11, 2007
Hey rolltherock, have you tried the a4? It's a monster as well. I put it up against my tour burner tp with the whiteboard and the a4 killed it. The a4 had the stock shaft and both drivers flew on about the same traj. but the adams carried further and rolled out further. It was a slaughter I was not expecting. Feel and sound were better with the a4 as well.

OP
R

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Hey rolltherock, have you tried the a4? It's a monster as well. I put it up against my tour burner tp with the whiteboard and the a4 killed it. The a4 had the stock shaft and both drivers flew on about the same traj. but the adams carried further and rolled out further. It was a slaughter I was not expecting. Feel and sound were better with the a4 as well.

No I haven't and to be honest with you I have not even heard of it. I really have not had Adams on my radar....ever.

Does it have a square face angle or is it one of the anti-slice machines off the rack? The main reason I have not looked at driver technology since my R580 is because drivers are primarily made for the slice crowd and after checking into the TM TP's they are not open either. At GolfSmith I tested 5 Burner TP's with the club builder and all were slightly closed, not 1* open or even close to it!

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I have the redline in my bag right now, and I love it. I am excited to get a chance to try the speedline. It looks gorgeous, and I can't say enough that if you are looking at a driver pick up an Adams in your test group it will surprise you.

03trdblack

Oct 11, 2006
The only thing holding the Speedline back is the stock shaft. It's a good shaft, but really weak for the stated flex. The Dynacraft DSFI rated the stiff Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue w/ Axis at 89 mph. I would guess if you pulled the shaft, tipped it about 1" and reassembled it (it would then play at 45") it would be much better. Of course you would need to use a tip weight or lots of lead tape to get the swingweight back up but that's easy enough to do.

equipmentjunkie

Feb 11, 2007
No I haven't and to be honest with you I have not even heard of it. I really have not had Adams on my radar....ever.

Does it have a square face angle or is it one of the anti-slice machines off the rack? The main reason I have not looked at driver technology since my R580 is because drivers are primarily made for the slice crowd and after checking into the TM TP's they are not open either. At GolfSmith I tested 5 Burner TP's with the club builder and all were slightly closed, not 1* open or even close to it!

Oh yea you gotta check out an A4. The face is 1-2* open and I have never seen one closed, heck I've never seen one square. They are producing awesome ball speeds. Probably one of the top 2 or 3 better players drivers on the market imo. They're mid launch and really low spin. Feel and sound are great as well, and they're traditionally shaped. They come with an ozik shaft that's very close to a code 6. Just a little softer. Adams has come a long way the last 3 years, their better player equipment is equally as good as their game improvement stuff.

Staff online

Members online