• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adding to the family

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I know I don't post a lot any more, mostly because I'm busy chasing a nearly-two-year-old around the house. So, since I was so busy with that, we decided that we'd add another kiddo to the family.

Remington James (Remy) "Fitzpatrick" was born at 4:53am yesterday, 5lbs 14oz, 18 3/4" long. He's about 3 1/2 weeks early. So, he's in the NICU for a few days to help get his lungs working like they're supposed to. But all the docs and nurses say he's progressing as he should given the circumstances, so that's good. And the wife is holding up pretty well, also, given that she's only finally been able to get out of bed. She had pre-eclampsia and was on a magnesium sulfate drip for about 36 hours and couldn't even sit upright.

But otherwise things are good! Looking forward to wishing to golf while I am up all night, but nice to be off work for a few weeks.

Talk to everyone later!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Congratulations!

Remember, as crazy as it gets at home, we're crazier. You're always welcome to drop by and compare straight jackets. [emoji3]

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Congrats!!!! We can be so thankful to live in a time of medical miracles through technology. The stories we hear, today, of premies being so small at birth yet lead happy healthy lives.... enjoy!!! Chase 'em and hold 'em... they grow up waaaayyyy too fast!!!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Congrats!!!! We can be so thankful to live in a time of medical miracles through technology. The stories we hear, today, of premies being so small at birth yet lead happy healthy lives.... enjoy!!! Chase 'em and hold 'em... they grow up waaaayyyy too fast!!!
Indeed. My daughter was just a shade over 4lbs as a premie. She's going to be 11 in July and is one of the tallest kids in her class. Playing softball this year.

OP
Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Thanks everyone! He's already doing better, but has a ways to go. Lungs are getting stronger, but getting a little jaundice so he's under the lights for a while now.

But like Limp said, modern medicine is so good that so many kids come out of the NICU from being so much worse and live long and healthy lives.

But it was really tough watching my wife go from borderline hypertension to severe pre-eclampsia within about 12 hours. Gonna have to make some lifestyle and dietary changes at home to stave off hypertension going forward.

Thanks again everyone!

🔥 Latest posts