• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adjustments for Senior Golf - What Have You Guys Done?

Grandpa K

Aug 23, 2019
Country
United States United States
I thought I’d try getting some suggestions from you “Senior Golfers” in a different way then when I previously posted. I’ve tried to play the game over the last 10-15 years with a game that I can’t perform. Lessons that didn’t take into account my age and lack of younger man’s traits. Lack of Flexibility. I was trying to jam a square peg into around hole and was too stupid to realize it didn’t fit. Instead I just kept pounding on the peg and getting frustrated. I’m from the Northeast so right now I can’t go outside and hit balls. I’m currently in a Florida til the end of the month but didn’t bring my clubs as I needed a break and just wanted to relax. What I’m looking for are specific things you have done to help. I’m a victim of a lot of surgeries and have a beat up body from years of physical abuse playing sports, all self inflicted. So I’m behind the 8 ball already. Anything anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated as I try to put a plan together to start to play better an enjoy again a game I really love. THANK YOU!!

OP
G

Grandpa K

Aug 23, 2019
Country
Has anyone tried the “Age Defying Golf” System? If so, what were your results? Looks intriguing.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The golf specific work out programs all emphasise strength, flexibility and balance. For you, I suggest that flexibility and balance are key. The answer may lie in yoga. Plenty of golfers use it to keep their bodies supple. There should be classes near your area. If not,YouTube has plenty of free content for you to do at home.

Last edited:

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
I've added a 21* fairway metal (I struggle with hybrids) and I play the Callaway SuperSoft when it's cold. Also, I now play a 12* driver.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
I thought I’d try getting some suggestions from you “Senior Golfers” in a different way then when I previously posted. I’ve tried to play the game over the last 10-15 years with a game that I can’t perform. Lessons that didn’t take into account my age and lack of younger man’s traits. Lack of Flexibility. I was trying to jam a square peg into around hole and was too stupid to realize it didn’t fit. Instead I just kept pounding on the peg and getting frustrated. I’m from the Northeast so right now I can’t go outside and hit balls. I’m currently in a Florida til the end of the month but didn’t bring my clubs as I needed a break and just wanted to relax. What I’m looking for are specific things you have done to help. I’m a victim of a lot of surgeries and have a beat up body from years of physical abuse playing sports, all self inflicted. So I’m behind the 8 ball already. Anything anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated as I try to put a plan together to start to play better an enjoy again a game I really love. THANK YOU!!

You need to build a team. Your primary dr., a chiropractor, massage therapist, psychologist, golf coach. Find a TPI certified professional (Titelist Performance Institute). What is your actual goal?

🔥 Latest posts