• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advice please!

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Somehow I've managed to get media accreditation - as a photographer - to two Euro Tour events happening within 100 miles of me, both events coming up in the next 4 weeks.

I've never photographed a golf event before.

So...what the heck do I do?? The first event - in a weeks time - includes Vijay, Sergio, DiMarco, Monty, Daly and a few other top names. The second event, Dubai Desert Classic, has Tiger in the field.

Do I find a great spot for photos and get all the players there? Or run around a lot and get a few select players in lots of places?

And what types of photo do you think I should concentrate on? I'm tending away from tee shots and think shots around the green may be the best to go for...approaches, bunker shots and putts.

Head spinning a bit so any input appreciated!

Thanks!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
One piece of advice, do not point your camera at Tiger when Stevie Williams is around if you value your equipment.:)

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
ualtim said:
One piece of advice, do not point your camera at Tiger when Stevie Williams is around if you value your equipment.:)

Ha! Telephoto lens just for that purpose, I reckon!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
If the conflict you mentioned to me turns our way rather than yours then I'll tell you what I want to see in particular.......

Bags.

Get some pics of the pro gear.

I don't suppose you realize this but this was the motivator for me to get the gallery running again.

EatGolf did this on his site http://www.eatgolf.com/ His pics are good but I think you can do better. :)

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Stand next to the pin!!!

That should lead to some real good shots. Just kidding, but I agree that getting up around the greens would be a great idea. If you can position yourself between 2 of the greens with an easy transition to walk between the 2 you should be able to get mutiple shots of each guy under different shot circumstances.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
See if you can snap some pics of Vijay's driver. These past weekends, he's been using Cleveland's new Hi Bore. It looks ain't for everyone, but it seems to be working for him...

I would appreciate it!

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Try and get some unusual shots,like a pro puting his clubs in the boot of his car,leaning against the back of the clubhouse for a sneaky fag,sitting staring out of a window day dreaming.there are a few inventive golf photographers about ,but not enough.I am sick of pre-mediated boring swing pics,lets have some pictures of them being normal.

Tiger picking his nose would earn I fortune I think,or John Daly eating a salad.

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
dave. said:
Try and get some unusual shots,like a pro puting his clubs in the boot of his car,leaning against the back of the clubhouse for a sneaky fag,sitting staring out of a window day dreaming.there are a few inventive golf photographers about ,but not enough.I am sick of pre-mediated boring swing pics,lets have some pictures of them being normal.

Tiger picking his nose would earn I fortune I think,or John Daly eating a salad.

Good points!

How about one of Daly laying up?

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
IrishGolfer said:
A pic of a legendary pro taking a piss would be like Gold....

Haha! oh...so many replies are possible..! Narrowed it down to two, though.

"you looking for someone to model your technique on?"

"do you like photos of men urinating?"

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Thanks for all comments!

As I'll be there for at least two or three days, I'll be able to vary my approach, I guess...and use it to gain some experience ahead of Dubai and Tiger!

One question...bunker shots: should they be clear and crisp or should there be a bit of blur to emphasis the movement..?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hi-Bore. Hi-Bore.

Not Bi-Whore, although pics of that are acceptable. :D

R35

🔥 Latest posts