• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advice wanted on electric push/pull carts

Bluebird41056

Nov 5, 2005
I am considering buying an electric push/pull cart and would like to know if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with any that are on the market. I have looked at all the ones selling on Ebay and checked out other websites as well. Was wondering which is better, the remote control units or the ones with the speed control on the handle. You can email me at [email protected]

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I was just thinking about starting a thread on this very subject. I too have looked at all of the ones on eBay and all that I could find on the web.

On eBay the one I have looked at the most is the Wildcat @ about $210 with shipping. That I could afford. The Sun Mountain at $600 is definitely out of my reach.

The CaddyBug remote control unit looks nice but kind of pricey @ $499 plus unknown shipping.

Anyone have any opinions?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I guess no one here has discovered electricity yet. :D

Rock Bottom Golf is having a free shipping sale, on orders over $100, so I went ahead and ordered the Wildcat. Maybe I can start walking instead of riding and lose some weight.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Got my Wildcat electric trolley in the mail today. My first thought upon opening the box was this friggin thing is huge!

Luckily it does fold up, but it's still bigger than I thought it would be.

So my assistant and I started putting it together, we get the wheels on, and the battery connected, and push the GO button. Putt, putt, putt; the axle is turning, but it's not going anywhere.

OK, if all else fails, read the directions. Duh, in the fine print...the wheels are marked Left and Right, and we put them on backwards. :)

Nowhere in the instructions does it tell you how to get the wheels OFF once yhey have been put ON!!!!! Futz, futz, futz, 5 minutes later we find these little buttons you have to push to get the quick on and off wheels off. Meanwhile the battery fell off because, I forgot to strap in on. Oops.

Now to put the wheels back on, the correct way this time. Each wheel has a little clutch inside to keep the cart from rolling backwards. Duh, again. Push the button, and it TAKES OFF across the room because the speed control was set to high.

After we catch it, we make sure no one was watching, then carefully put it in the corner, where it will sit until I play again.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online