• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

After buying a new driver

RustyL

Sep 20, 2007
When I first started this game...8 months ago... the driver I had I got to where I could hit it fairly good and what I mean by that is, at that moment I was satisfied. I really am surprised at times when using that driver.I'm planning on getting some lessons when I join a club this spring. I know there are alot of areas to work on.

I have bought this new TM SQ driver( stock shaft ) and for the life of me I can't seem to get the ball flight I won't. At this moment, all I want to do is hit the ball straight. The weights are in their proper places for the trajectory I want. So I have read where some of you guys get new shafts for your clubs. My question is, do I need lessons first or get on a monitor? Oh the shaft on the newer club is 1.5 inches shorter and smaller in diameter under the grip.. I wonder if that is a big factor in my not being able to hit this club with some accuracy?

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Hard to say. Sometimes a new club does not fit my eye also. With my Nickent 14* hybrid I could not get a decent trajectory on it.Then realized I was addressing ball with a closed face. It looked right closed but----Opened her up an all is good now. CT250 had problems hitting the ball low and dead feeling. Teed 1/2" higher than normal and now is keeper.

Work with driver a bit and a light may come on

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
When I first started this game...8 months ago... the driver I had I got to where I could hit it fairly good and what I mean by that is, at that moment I was satisfied. I really am surprised at times when using that driver.I'm planning on getting some lessons when I join a club this spring. I know there are alot of areas to work on.

I have bought this new TM SQ driver( stock shaft ) and for the life of me I can't seem to get the ball flight I won't. At this moment, all I want to do is hit the ball straight. The weights are in their proper places for the trajectory I want. So I have read where some of you guys get new shafts for your clubs. My question is, do I need lessons first or get on a monitor? Oh the shaft on the newer club is 1.5 inches shorter and smaller in diameter under the grip.. I wonder if that is a big factor in my not being able to hit this club with some accuracy?

Baby steps my friend....baby steps....

Get a clubfitter at a shop or a shop with a clubfitter and have them fit and work with you...

If you cannot do it simultaneously, go to a pro and get your swing established.....if your club is way out of alignment, he'll tell ya..

But one step at a time.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I think the SuperQuad is geared towards the better player. I've tried one a couple of times, and I just couldn't connect with it. I know a lot of really good golfers love this club. I don't. I've been loving my R7-425, but that's a totally different head.

OP
RustyL

RustyL

Sep 20, 2007
Hook ,slice, hook,slice,draw ,fade.on and on. it is damn depressing, but i ain't giving up just yet. I'm going to go get me some HELP, no way am I going to let a pesky little white ball wear me down...:)

What's the problem with the ballflight you are getting?

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I think the SuperQuad is geared towards the better player. I've tried one a couple of times, and I just couldn't connect with it. I know a lot of really good golfers love this club. I don't. I've been loving my R7-425, but that's a totally different head.

I heard the same thing that it was for the better player, I tried one and hit it ok but really didnt care for it.

🔥 Latest posts