• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Again amazed at my boss

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
So last night my boss took me out to play after work. I have played with him before, but this is the first time this season. I just forget how long he is. His H/C is a +1/+2 and he doesn't practice a lick. He is 41 and tried back in the day to make a go of it for a living. He did not make it, but he is just still so good. It shows the difference between a tour pro and a really really good golfer.

We played my home course and he had never seen it. He of course wanted to play from the tips. The tips play at 6950 par 72. Not one par 3 over 190. So the length is in the other holes. He had some sort of wedge on every par 4 except one I think. He is able to reach all the par 5s. He has tour length. He shot 1 over and did not play well. He had 2 penalty strokes mostly from not knowing the course. He did not make a putt outside 16 feet.

I dedicated myself this year back to golf and started keeping a H/C. I am a 4 right now. There is a huge difference between him and I. It is so interesting to watch him play. He talks to me about what he is trying to do with his shots. It is neat to see how there are many ways to play a shot and how what shot he plays depends the mounds on the greens and where the pin is.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Good post. I'm a hack but if my boss took me out (I wouldn't hold my breath) I could wipe him!! Probably wouldn't be a good thing... :D

Members online

No members online now.