• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AJ Bonar "Magic Move" article

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I ran across this, and it seems to be based on the AJ Bonar Infomercial, and sounds as though it is probably what was being talked about in another thread about a Golf Magazine article in the last issue. Could possibly be the exact article??? It is a 10 page (web page) article and also has a video you can view (top right link on the first page).

I really don't have an opinion, nor did I ever see the video he sold in the infomercial to know if this is the information, but it sounds like the information from the infomercial. It was an interesting read non the less. Thought others might enjoy.
http://www.golfonline.com/golfonline/instruction/features/article/0,17742,1534401,00.html

soSoJeffCC

Sep 8, 2006
I actually have been doing the "magic" move subconsciously as a junior. I believe that everyone does it subconsciously as well. AJ just markets it, and calls it a magic move. The reason why it's not usually taught, and this is my own personal opinion, is that if you teach and emphasize the magic move to a beginner without getting the basics down, then the results could be disastrous.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Ugh...

First, there is one thing I do agree with AJ, is to swing with the hands. That doesn't mean the body doesn't do anything, quite on the contrary... Man, Peter Crocker and Tomasello are great teachers!

:idhitit:

Second, the method he teaches is a square-to-square-to-square in the downswing, not an open-to-square-to-close. By that I mean, the clubface is always square to the path it is facing. Not square to the ball at all time...
Proof of it is that he doesn't want you to have the clubface way open in the backswing. And he says Adam Scott has his clubface way open before impact, when in fact it is square to its path...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I ended up with the AJ series in my house now, and its actually pretty interesting. His guarantee isnt up to what he says, but it does help and it makes things look alot simpler. Id say its a good thing for a higher handicap to see, for lower, its more of a refresher of the basics and helping with the mechnical parts through impact. I agree with most of what he said during his videos.

soSoJeffCC

Sep 8, 2006
Second, the method he teaches is a square-to-square-to-square in the downswing, not an open-to-square-to-close. By that I mean, the clubface is always square to the path it is facing. Not square to the ball at all time...
Proof of it is that he doesn't want you to have the clubface way open in the backswing. And he says Adam Scott has his clubface way open before impact, when in fact it is square to its path...

That's exactly why it didn't seem like it was anything really new to me.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I ended up with the AJ series in my house now, and its actually pretty interesting. His guarantee isnt up to what he says, but it does help and it makes things look alot simpler. Id say its a good thing for a higher handicap to see, for lower, its more of a refresher of the basics and helping with the mechnical parts through impact. I agree with most of what he said during his videos.
So is the article and the video on the site pretty much what he covered in the video that he sells, or is there more to the video?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Swing with the hands is not for me.I focus on the bigger muscles and passive arms.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.