• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Al Gore is an Idiot

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
I live in South, and I emphasize South, Carolina. South as in close to the equator, south as in Amazon Pygmies. Not south as in Antarctic Penguins. South as in "Oh, it must be warm down there".

So this morning what does the thermometer in my truck say? 21. Yes 21. Farenheit not celsius. Global warming my ass.:mad:

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Now remember, my friend, its not global warming anymore. Its global climate change. So, every time the temperature changes outside, its you and your country's fault. The only solution is to send money to Al's company Terrapass to buy carbon offset credits.

This is the biggest scam every pulled on the American people.

Irish

May 9, 2007
he may have a vested interest in the process but his fundamental point cannot be argued with that the US is far and away the worst offender...

of course global warming isn't going to affect your temperatures on a day to day basis ...any proper effects of emissions and co2 utilization won't be seem for a long time yet...

however the US's consistent refusal to sign up to any form of treaty on the issue is a joke...if 3rd world countries with little or no infrastruture can commit to reducings its emissions while simultaneously trying to grow its industrial capabilities in order to sustain growth than the wealthiest country in the world should be able to adhere to the same guidlines as other developped countries and commit to reducing emmissons and invest in alternative energy sources than fossil fuels

<TABLE cellPadding=4 width=435 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Country</TD><TD>Total emissions
(1000 tons of C)</TD><TD>Per capita
emissions

(tons/capita)</TD><TD>Per capita emissions
(rank)</TD><TD>Growth
(in %, 1990-96)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellPadding=4 width=435 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>United States</TD><TD>1446777</TD><TD>5.37</TD><TD>(1)</TD><TD>(9.9)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Peoples Rep. of China</TD><TD>917997</TD><TD>0.76</TD><TD>(18)</TD><TD>40.0</TD></TR><TR><TD>Russia Federation</TD><TD>431090</TD><TD>2.91</TD><TD>(6)</TD><TD>-19.2
(since 1992)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Japan</TD><TD>318686</TD><TD>2.54</TD><TD>(9)</TD><TD>9.1</TD></TR><TR><TD>India</TD><TD>272212</TD><TD>0.29</TD><TD>(20)</TD><TD>47.7</TD></TR><TR><TD>Germany</TD><TD>235050</TD><TD>2.87</TD><TD>(7)</TD><TD>-12.2</TD></TR><TR><TD>United Kingdom</TD><TD>152015</TD><TD>2.59</TD><TD>(8)</TD><TD>-1.1</TD></TR><TR><TD>Canada</TD><TD>111723</TD><TD>3.76</TD><TD>(4)</TD><TD>-0.1</TD></TR><TR><TD>South Korea</TD><TD>111370</TD><TD>2.46</TD><TD>(11)</TD><TD>69.2</TD></TR><TR><TD>Italy</TD><TD>110052</TD><TD>1.92</TD><TD>(13)</TD><TD>1.1</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ukraine</TD><TD>108431</TD><TD>2.10</TD><TD>(12)</TD><TD>-37.0
(since 1992)</TD></TR><TR><TD>France
(since 1992) (incl. Monaco)</TD><TD>98750</TD><TD>1.69</TD><TD>(15)</TD><TD>2.4</TD></TR><TR><TD>Poland</TD><TD>97375</TD><TD>2.52</TD><TD>(10)</TD><TD>2.6</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mexico</TD><TD>95007</TD><TD>1.02</TD><TD>(17)</TD><TD>18.0</TD></TR><TR><TD>Australia</TD><TD>83688</TD><TD>4.63</TD><TD>(2)</TD><TD>15.3</TD></TR><TR><TD>South Africa</TD><TD>79898</TD><TD>1.88</TD><TD>(14)</TD><TD>0.6</TD></TR><TR><TD>Brazil</TD><TD>74610</TD><TD>0.46</TD><TD>(19)</TD><TD>34.9</TD></TR><TR><TD>Saudi Arabia</TD><TD>73098</TD><TD>3.88</TD><TD>(3)</TD><TD>51.2</TD></TR><TR><TD>Iran</TD><TD>72779</TD><TD>1.04</TD><TD>(16)</TD><TD>25.6</TD></TR><TR><TD>North Korea</TD><TD>69412</TD><TD>3.09</TD><TD>(5)</TD><TD>4.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bang

Jan 10, 2006
You're accepting the premise that "greenhouse gasses," or any other human activity, are responsible for raising global temps. I think there are other forces involved, i.e., the sun.

Worthy of note is the fact that the polar ice caps have been steadily shrinking over the last several years.

On Mars.

Must be all those SUVs four-wheelin' around...:rolleyes:

Irish

May 9, 2007
not neccessarily..temperatures are cyclical and it could just be a cycle of a few warm year...

also the real problem isn't the polar ice caps as they are already floating hence wouldn't result in rise in sea level but the ice mass on Greenland is the real problem for sea levels....along with the water temp...

anyway I'm not stating that there is a direct corrilation between emmisions and golbal warming but I would concur with the generally acceptable point of view that emmisions aren't doing any good to our eco system and any need to be stabilised and eventually reduced

OP
cwo2lt

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
I think there are other forces involved, i.e., the sun.

You're not allowed to think. It has already been decided through scientific fact that the universe revolves around a flat earth. Any other opinion is heresy and you will be drawn and quartered.

Bang

Jan 10, 2006
Agreed. No one thinks pollution is a good thing. The US does more to limit emissions than we get credit for. If we didn't, given our population, level of industrial development, # of cars, etc., we wouldn't be able to see the sky. China is the big worry. They're spewing out particulates with no concern for their environmental impact. They couldn't care less.

Look at that list in a few years. China will be on top.

Bang

Jan 10, 2006
Also noteworthy is the location of the big global warming summit...Bali. Situated 8 degrees South of the Equator. Average annual temperature of around 82 degrees fahrenheit.

Hold the conference in International Falls, Mn., then talk about global warming.

OP
cwo2lt

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Also noteworthy is the location of the big global warming summit...Bali. Situated 8 degrees South of the Equator. Average annual temperature of around 82 degrees fahrenheit.

Hold the conference in International Falls, Mn., then talk about global warming.

Hold the summit somewhere the participants don't need to dump tons of poluntants into the air by flying to get there.:rolleyes:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
The only solution is to send money to Al's company Terrapass to buy carbon offset credits.

This is the biggest scam every pulled on the American people.
:laugh:
This explains alot. He probably stores the Carbon offsets in his @$$ to cultivate diamonds. This is the only way I see that he can still afford to pay his astronomical electric bills.

It all makes sense now :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Agreed. No one thinks pollution is a good thing. The US does more to limit emissions than we get credit for. If we didn't, given our population, level of industrial development, # of cars, etc., we wouldn't be able to see the sky. China is the big worry. They're spewing out particulates with no concern for their environmental impact. They couldn't care less.

Look at that list in a few years. China will be on top.

China has 1.3 billion people. Why wouldn't they be on top?

Climate change and global emissions are connected, but on a minor scale. Climate shifts have happened in the past, and as fast as this one that we are experiencing has. The ice caps have actually shifted with a polarity change in the earth - 4 times in the last 100 million years.

Do you think any of those things affected the amount of water in the oceans and the carbon emissions of no dormant volcanoes and salt laden seas?

I agree with being better about our emissions. I want my kids and their kids to be able to swim in fresh water and breathe clean air. But I'm not a believer that it's gonna be 40*C everyday because of the impact we're having globally.

R35

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Rock I think it can be safely said the USA is moving in the right direction towads reduction of our emissions, while at the same time China is going the opposite direction. BTW Canada is the fourth worst offender per capita, and I am sure that Canucks are also moving in the right direction. Its that 1.3 billion people that makes China's ability to correct it's global contribution improbable at best. China is bringing 400+ coal fired power plants per year online, that is a concern, in the next 10 years China if it stays that course will bring more Coal power plants online than the USA has in total, sure the per capita contribution might still be lower than the USA, but the toal tonnage will exceed ours. Here in Washington State our population has risen by 35% in the last 20 years, while our emissions have been reduced by 19%, that is progress.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
China has 1.3 billion people. Why wouldn't they be on top?

Climate change and global emissions are connected, but on a minor scale. Climate shifts have happened in the past, and as fast as this one that we are experiencing has. The ice caps have actually shifted with a polarity change in the earth - 4 times in the last 100 million years.

Do you think any of those things affected the amount of water in the oceans and the carbon emissions of no dormant volcanoes and salt laden seas?

I agree with being better about our emissions. I want my kids and their kids to be able to swim in fresh water and breathe clean air. But I'm not a believer that it's gonna be 40*C everyday because of the impact we're having globally.

R35

Amen brother. I've attended a few of these conferences and if you notice most precipitation stats only go as far back as 1965. If you go further the trend is much less severe. I'm sure that Al Gore's 20,000 sf home is run on solar power and rats in running wheels. Oh wait, did I spill the beans on his 20,000 sf house. Oops.

OP
cwo2lt

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
And all I did was make a joke about how cold it was this morning. Sheeesh.:rolleyes::laugh:

🔥 Latest posts