• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Albatross

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Anyone here score one, seen one? Not me, at keast until the Masters. What a lifetime shot!

I did miss one by a couple of feet on a 509 yd uphill par 5 on the Keystone River course. I also missed the eagle putt and the comeback birdie putt. I did manage to salvage par :unhappy:

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Hit one to about 2 inches on a par 5 once... about it... never even seen one.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Incredible shot! I had to re-watch it a couple of times on DVR it was so good. If the ball hadn't hit the cup I bet it would've stopped less than a foot behind the hole. It practically died in the cup.

I hit a rope hook 5i around some trees, off of bare dirt hard pan, into a par 5 and ended up about 3ft past the hole. I couldn't see how close it was to going in but it had to have been close. I made the eagle putt and it still is the best hole I've ever played because it was in a tournament when I was in contention. I made a post about it a long time ago on here.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I must have come pretty close once and it was a shot similar to the one on Sunday, and I didnt see much of it. I hit a hybrid from 220yds out on a par 5. I aimed at the left side of the green as there was a bunker in front of the pin. WHen I got to the green my ball had come to rest 4 ft from the flag. So, either I hit it exactly where I aimed it and the slope of the green took it over to the flag OR I hit it to the right of where I aimed carried it 215 yds in the air and landed it softly enough to stop it within 4 ft of the pin (from 220 yds out).

Either way, it was close and I too missed the eagle and birdie putt.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Never witnessed an Albartoss until watching The Masters. Personally, I have aced 2 par 3's and eagled 4 par 4's from the fairway. I've also eagled a number of par 5's. As the years have crept up, any hope of an albatross is quicly fading. I simply do not hit the ball long enough, anymore, to put myself in position for one. This week's Golf World tells of a 69 year old who aced a 280 yard par 4. So... maybe there is hope after all. Will have to start pumping iron, taking more vitamins, and find a driver I can crank out there with the young flat-bellies.....

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
My brother has had one, I just happened to be on the same fairway watching at the time (loose tee shot from the next hole). Incredible to watch. A lot better on the eyes than Oosthuizen's. This was a 3 wood from about 240 yards that landed on the green about 10 feet short, hopped about 8 feet and checked and gently rolled into the cup. Phenomenal...

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I have never seen one on a par 5 but I have watched two aces on par 4s. The first hole on our HS teams home course was a glorified par 3 - 270yds from the tips.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Dead of summer par 5, 270 left in.

I laid up with a 3 iron that kept going and going and going. It rolled up onto the green and while the group ahead of us was putting they stopped and watched my ball lip out. They waved us up and pointed to my ball about 6 inches from the cup. I apologized of course, but they were totally fine, and more impressed by the lucky bounce than anything.

Funny story, especially since I don't even own a 3 iron anymore.

🔥 Latest posts